Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marina a/x results are here!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
BY TIME

Sure I got beat fair and square. clap.gif

But guys, if you are going to run in "FM", you have to have full interior, carpet and glass. idea.gif
Otherwise you are running in "X".

If you don't want to run in "X", you have to run as "FUN".

KT

KenH
Nathan - As I said at Marina "I would not change anything" on your car.

Ken
nebreitling
thanks ken, but it's too late!

i had no front shocks at marina, and was running on the bumper stops. plus i had a massive toe-in problem.... was fighting understeer all morning...

but this week i installed some new shocks, gave it a corner balance (need to redo), and am still working on the alignment. but i should be ready on saturday.

oh, yeah -- and i didn't have carpet in the car -- definitely worth a second! (buuuwahahahahah!!!)

j/k trek -- carpet's going back in for saturday. i actually strongly agree about the need to run by the letter of the rules, and my lack of carpet has not been an intentional move to thwart them, but rather laziness to stick it back in (and i haven't finished pulling the tar out)...

beerchug.gif n
grantsfo
So are Andy's slicks legal in FM on those rims? Those looked awfully wide to me. Also do R compound DOT approved tires qualify for street tire in FM?
SirAndy
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Jun 7 2005, 05:05 PM)
So are Andy's slicks legal in FM on those rims? Those looked awfully wide to me. Also do R compound DOT approved tires qualify for street tire in FM?

i never checked, but Randal was running them and so was Bill P. ...

but trek just reminded me that i'm not in FM anyways because i don't have no carpet no more ...
i also ran without a pass. seat (because i needed the space to haul my schlicks) ...

so i guess i need to reclass myself. i'm not sure "X" is a real class, i don't see *anyone* running in "X", not even the full blown race-cars ...

on the other hand, if i was the only one running "X", i might be able to win my class ...
rolleyes.gif Andy
SirAndy
ok, someone please point me to where in the rules it says FM must have carpet and pass. seat.

i'm looking through the online rulebook at the GGR website right now,
and i can't find anything regarding this ...
confused24.gif Andy
nebreitling
i'll send it to you via email, andy -- but look for 2005GGRRulebook.pdf

look under, street modified.
nebreitling
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Jun 7 2005, 04:05 PM)
So are Andy's slicks legal in FM on those rims?  Those looked awfully wide to me.  Also do R compound DOT approved tires qualify for street tire in FM?

Fm rules:

ANY DOT tire (including dot-r's) on any size rim... (what they confusingly call 'street tires')

or

any other tire (including cantilever slicks) on a 7" rim.

andy's wheels look fine to me, remember that cantilever slicks buldge over the rim like an inch on each side.

edit: oh yeah, X is a real class -- it's the 'modified' class for all 4 and 6 cyl aircooled engines up to 2155 cc's.
Trekkor
i'm not sure "X" is a real class, i don't see *anyone* running in "X", not even the full blown race-cars ...

21x... Steve Nieslony.

look under, street modified.

line d. " Interior.The car must have full upholstery, carpeting, and two seats. This keeps the category seperate from the Modified category."

It all comes down to the 914 Cup anyway. lol2.gif

KT
J P Stein
QUOTE (trekkor @ Jun 7 2005, 04:59 PM)
[
It all comes down to the 914 Cup anyway. lol2.gif

KT

Remember, it's not where you finish, it's how close to TTOD.
Hay, don't blame me, snot my rules biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (trekkor @ Jun 7 2005, 05:59 PM)
21x... Steve Nieslony

ok, so i'm running "X" now with a PAX modifier of 1.000 ... huh.gif

am i the only one that thinks this is a bit over the top?
all because of a few square feet of carpet ...

i guess it's time to buy some carpet for my rear firewall ...
wacko.gif Andy
nebreitling
yes -- i think it's over the top, andy. you didn't like the suggestion in my email?

and re. the firewall -- as i wrote in another email: I think that it’s easy to justify my lack of a back pad as a non-performance/safety modification (it interferes with the seat and harness), so I stand by that.

for you, with the cage, is an even easier justification. leave the firewall bare.
SirAndy
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Jun 7 2005, 09:30 PM)
andy. you didn't like the suggestion in my email?

can't fit the schlicks in the rear trunk ...

i *do* have a brand new carpet set tho, maybe i just put that in for sat.
backpad won't fit anymore because of the rollcage ...

cool.gif Andy
Trekkor
I didn't say it before.
These guys can drive. Great job and great times smilie_pokal.gif

Looking foward to the next Marina event with you all. wink.gif

KT
nine14cats
Andy,

Just do what I did, run home depot carpet on the backpad and floors...it looks nice enough and it doesn't weigh or cost anything.

Your slicks and 7" rims are fine. They are within STREET MODIFIED rules. That's the beauty of canti's, lotsa rubber on narrow rims... happy11.gif

X class is the same class as Nieslony.

Just have fun in whatever class, as long as your close to the top (like JP says) all's good! Besides, at least you guys get to run. By the time I run next year it will have been 18 months between auto-x's....I'll probably suck due to old age and forgetting how to drive.... laugh.gif

Bill P.
J P Stein
QUOTE (nine14cats @ Jun 7 2005, 09:30 PM)
By the time I run next year it will have been 18 months between auto-x's....I'll probably suck due to old age and forgetting how to drive.... laugh.gif

Bill P.

Yeah, probably..... BTDT, and I ain't gettin' any younger laugh.gif
It ain't that you don't know what to do, but doing it all gets a little fuzzy....just like real life headbang.gif
Randal
By the time I run next year it will have been 18 months between auto-x's....

6 months and counting. No fun.

grantsfo
That does it! ...I'm going to glue lycra stretch fabric to my floor and the area where the back pad use to be! Everything will be covered and looking real sexy at the same time. wink.gif

After reading the GGR rules makes you wonder if a lawyer wrote them? The rules surrounding FM are pretty vague. I'm assuming my DOT Hoosiers qualify as street tires and that they are ok to run on the car with 8 inch rims.

Cant wait to see what people have to say about some of my other weight reducing mods based on these "rules". Why not just simplify everything and say a FM class car cant weigh less than x? Then you leave it to the owner of the car to figure it out. Guess scale weight verification could be an issue.

I'll go on the record that I'm ok with people who dont run carpet or back pads in FM. No protest from me. In fact you could probably do all sorts of little stuff without much complaint from me. Only thing I would protest would be real wide race tires and too much rule breaking hp.

...Just got a call from the freight carrier hauling my fiberglass. Hoods and bumpers will be here in 30 minutes! clap.gif Getting all my satin black spray paint cans lined up! biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Jun 8 2005, 10:25 AM)
That does it!

hahah, your avatar pictures looks like one of those baby-cars ...

you know, one like this one ...
user posted image

driving.gif biggrin.gif smilie_pokal.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.