Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paint Shop Recommendations Northern California
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Furia62
Can anyone recommend a paint and body person to complete a 914-6 GT conversion.
I am in the Sacramento area, but not opposed to travel.

Not opposed to guys working out of their home shop, actually preferred.

Flares just finished and ready for new paint. Thanks Andrew.Click to view attachment
RangerDick
QUOTE(Furia62 @ Apr 19 2018, 03:51 PM) *

Flares just finished and ready for new paint. Thanks Andrew.Click to view attachment

When I posted about my new to me 914, a couple of guys recommended

Scott Yeaman, the owner of Yeaman Auto Body, which is located on Bayshore Rd. in East Palo Alto. Good guy, highly recommended.

Search my posts and I think you can find the poster(s)

Click to view attachment

Here's a pic someone included into my post.

I do not know Scott, so I can't give you a personal opinion.

Good luck with your car.
Mueller
Yeamans repaired my wrecked 964 years back, it was perfect when done. I've heard some grumblings about some recent work but it was all second hand and not from the actual car owner.

jcd914
Scott is a good guy to deal with. His shop does good work.
Scott fixed Rob's 914 after it got "rocked". icon8.gif

I don't remember the shop Ron at IBP has been using but I have seen some of the work and it is top quality too. I am pretty sure it is a local Sacramento shop.

Both Ron and Scott raced 914 with PCA.

Jim

Mueller
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Apr 19 2018, 08:45 PM) *

I don't remember the shop Ron at IBP has been using but I have seen some of the work and it is top quality too. I am pretty sure it is a local Sacramento shop.

Jim

I'd be curious how much of the day to day operations Scott is involved with these days. I've had 3 vehicles repaired by him, however all 3 had been insurance jobs which many shops prefer over non-insurance jobs. (they can charge what the books says even if the job takes less time)
jcd914
Yes the insurance industry is the largest customer for most any body shop and those jobs are likely to get priority in the shop. One insurance company mad at you over one car could cost you the loss of many jobs.

I know nothing of Scott's personal involvement in the actual repairs but he is the guy at the top (I think) and he gets most of the credit or blame.

Most of the time I spent with Scott was at PCA races when he and Ron were racing. I just fixed things.

Jim
Larry.Hubby
Scott is definitely one of the good guys. His shop isn't cheap, but the work is first-rate (at least on 914s), and he has a soft spot for 914s, having had several of them himself. I've had him do all the bodywork on my car, and I've always been more than satisfied with the results.
Andyrew

Whats the pricerange your looking at? That will dictate what kind of shops your looking at.

1k, 3k, 5k, 10k

All are options depending on your skill level and what quality level you want.

I'd offer myself but I havent had any time lately to work on projects
Robnxious
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Apr 19 2018, 08:45 PM) *

Jim

Not to put words in Ron's mouth, but when I asked him about a year ago, he told me to check w/ Bertolucci's. I know I contacted them, and they were a bit out of my price range, and I decided to spend more on the motor and have it wrapped instead. Still need to get it painted eventually, so I am watching this thread closely.

http://www.bertoluccis.com/
Furia62
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 20 2018, 08:03 AM) *

Whats the pricerange your looking at? That will dictate what kind of shops your looking at.

1k, 3k, 5k, 10k

Thought I would be able to find good work at $5k-10k range... Looking at two shops right now.. one in Riverside and the other in Modesto.. Will make a decision this week.
ConeDodger
Ron will recommend Scott Yeaman if you don’t mind traveling. He also has a local guy if you don’t want your car down in Palo Alto. Bertolucci’s sounds Right.

Yeaman did my repair after a rock jumped out in front of the car on a mountain road.

It’s pretty much perfect...
larryM
since you are in Sac'to area - pick up a copy of SVR Drifter at Neillo or go online to SVR & download it

look for Jake Tomlinson's advert in there - one of the best - in Auburn
Andyrew
QUOTE(Furia62 @ Apr 21 2018, 08:49 PM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 20 2018, 08:03 AM) *

1k, 3k, 5k, 10k

Thought I would be able to find good work at $5k-10k range... Looking at two shops right now.. one in Riverside and the other in Modesto.. Will make a decision this week.

Which shop in Modesto? I know most of the pro painters in the area. I have access to a couple of booths as well as access to the cheap decent labor.

If you run through Modesto let me know. Im not far off.

Also let me ask my guy in sacramento who did his 60k mile car. The paint on it looked really nice.
Crennie
Did you ever get your car painted? Who did you use and how did it come out? I’m in Oakland and looking for a shop to paint my 1974 914. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.