Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rocker cover panels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JFG
I started to refurb mine tonight. The picture below shows the only 2 fittings that i have with them.

As i lost the tear down pictures i don't have a source of info to refit them and what is used.

Does any of the usual suppliers make a fitting kit for these? How do they attach in between the screws shown?

Finally are these covers meant to have a slight turn/twist in them towards the rear?

Click to view attachment
sholman5
The rubber acts as a spacer between the cover at both ends and fender and quarter panel lower lip. Remove the rubber spacer from the screw. Place spacer between the cover and fender and quarter panel lower lip. Insert screw in hole located in lip.
sholman5
Rivots were factory.Aluminum. Most people just use stainless screws.
Click to view attachment
jcd914
It seems to me 914rubber had a kit with the rubber spacers.

Jim
mepstein
Fuel hose will do in a pinch. Also, plastic or aluminum rivets are easier to drill out to inspect the rockers. I’m told that’s why the factory used plastic. Cut them off with a knife. 914rubber has them.
rgalla9146

The hardware shown is correct for the ends. Not shown is a clip that attaches to each end of the rocker cover that the screw threads into.
There is no curve toward the rear.
porschetub
I put spacers under the lower mounting bolts, hard to get in but leaves a gap for the road grime to fall out,use luded stainless bolts to stop stripping out the body inserts.
JFG
Thanks for the info. I'll get on to mark for fittings. If i'm not mistaken the plastic/aluminium rivets may be the same as the ones for the covers on the step just above these covers.
saigon71
I used small stainless steel screws to attach my rocker panel covers in the door jamb. Makes it easy to remove and inspect periodically. Just throwing it out there as another option.

Big Len
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Apr 22 2018, 07:28 AM) *

I used small stainless steel screws to attach my rocker panel covers in the door jamb. Makes it easy to remove and inspect periodically. Just throwing it out there as another option.

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.