Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rotor paint ? any suggestions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
looking for a good quality paint that will not chip and will stand up to the heat. Any suggestion? Do you need to prime first or just go with paint?
Part Pricer
What color you looking for rice-boy? tongue.gif
echocanyons
I dunno if its a good idea to paint your rotors rolleyes.gif

Caliper paint can be had at your local FLAPS get the high temp stuff
madd_dogg_914
You don't paint the whole rotor tongue.gif Just the portion up to the wear line. You really want to do this on a new rotor and if you want it to look "new" all the time you can actually have the rotor zinc plated. I did this on my lexus and it looks great. Big 19" wheels that let you look into rusty rotors is not good, but get them zinc plated and they always look like they were just installed. IF you aren't buying new rotors then just use steel wool to get them shiny (not on the area that is going to come into contact with the pads though). Then paint them silver, anything else will be too ricey for a Porsche. Any caliper paint will work fine, just go slowly and don't expect it to look perfect.

Just my $.02
-Chris
airsix
My favorite is a rice car with wide-open 21" wheels that let you have a nice clear shot of the 6" rear drum brake. rolling.gif
-Ben M.
echocanyons
Ohhh I see blink.gif thats a first for me I never seen painted rotors
tod914
its just the hub area I was going to paint. the ones that were on my car were black. I was thinking either dull silver or black. I imagine the black would be more practical and hold up to dirt and brake dust better
tod914
Actually Paul, i was thinking white lite lenses all around, black light paint on the hubs with a strobe mounted up in the wheel wells, an 8 tipped exhaust pipe (2 monzas stacked),loosing the original paint and going with one of those metalic paints that has all the spectrums of the rainbow. Oh yah, Ill use shocks from a golf cart and cut the springs in 1/2. Sub woofers in both trunks and crank flight of the valkeries by wagner. Then im ready for the rice show.
Neal
You could maybe wrap some flexable neon around the rotor, purple is cool
oh I must have been watching to much super tuners. Mine are black after being
yellow then red
I just used a can of gloss black paint from Home Depot and brushed it on car is silver with the rockers a little darker shade of gray. "not the moody blues"
Neal aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.