Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AutoAtlanta
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jnaughton
I have heard so much bad press on these guys. How can it all be true and they still be in business ? I have no personal experience, and the web site looks pretty complete.......
914werke
Give um a chance & make up your own mind. wink.gif
914fire
Til I found this webb site AA and performance and tweeks was all I had to work with didnt make any large purchases but no real bad experiences with any of them. However finding this site can usually steer you to the cheapest and best places for things. Plus alot of members also sell things we need..just my .02.
scotty b
They do know these cars....they do not know good business practice
They do have the parts for these cars that others don't.....they do charge out the wazoo for the parts
They do ship these parts......they do screw up shipping the parts
They do have superior attitudes....they do have superior attitudes
They think their sh-t box cars are gold....their sh-t box cars are stromberg biggrin.gif stromberg.gif
When they come through you thank God......when they don't come through you curse them by way of God
There is a guy on this board trying to straighten the place up.......????????? time will tell
MoveQik
I've used them for some hard to find stuff & some parts kits(hose kits etc).
They were very helpful.
They delivered as promised.
Product worked perfect.
I would use them again.
I am in the minority. confused24.gif
BIGKAT_83
I've used them for parts and have been very happy with the service.

Give them a try and let us know how everything works out.

Bob smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Lou W
rdauenhauer   Posted on Jun 7 2005, 04:42 PM Give um a chance & make up your own mind. wink.gif

agree.gif I've never had a problem. smile.gif
Ronnie J
I used them many times when I was on the East Coast and never had a problem. I also have called George when working on my car and he talked me through problems I was having. You can't speak bad of someone if they havn't done you wrong.
repairmangeorge
I am new to this site, but I have delt with autoatlanta for years. George, the owner is a type A indivdual and has forgotten more about 914's than most people know. the only thing that chaps my ass is he is almost always right. He worships originals and details and I have a renegade v8 in my car. Obviously we have to agree to dissagree, and we do. If you need a hard to find part or tech advice he's your man. And, no they are not cheep!
hmeeder
I have ordered from them 3 times. They have fucked up some part of my order each of the 3 times. They fixed their fuck up 3 times but not without my having to chase my tail, deal with George's shit-don't-stink attitude and write a strongly worded missive.

That was over 2 years ago, haven't ordered from them since. With the resources of this board, better customer service (and prices) from both PPs, and a buttload more knowledge than I had then I don't think I'm ever going to again.

If you try it and like it, count yourself one of the fortunate. My$.02
mharrison
Give um a chance & make up your own mind.

agree.gif I agree with rdauenhauer! They may be a great company to deal with now. If everyone is told not to do business with them, the community will never know. There are too few places that carry 914 items, much less SPECIALIZE in these quirky little cars. I would hate to see another one close the doors......

And yes, I've had a bad experience with them, and yes they did fix it. Will I order from them again? I don't know. But I won't hesitate to drop by with a shopping list when I'm in Atlanta again!

my .02
grasshopper
well, i just had another F*CKED up deal with them today. I always try to give people a second chance, and i did. I am fine with people making mistakes, because we all do it., but when they lie to you, that pisses me off. I asked specifically, IS IT IN STOCK? salesman-"yep, got it right here". Get the package in the mail today, and i get a bill for the muffler, that was "IN STOCK" and the rest of the parts...but no muffler... wacko.gif so i called greg, and he informed me that no it was not in stock.... that might be ok if I wasn't in the middle of a move, and need this car running in about a month...but the bastard sat there and told me it was in stock. I havn't had a problem dealing with greg, he's a good guy, but my dealing with AA is over.
Rgreen914
I've been buying parts from AA for years; most of my experience with them has been good, but not always. When I've had a problem, such as buying something from them off ebay, they have remedied the situation with little fuss. Sometimes, they are "the only game in town" and you end up having to pay their price. Let's face it, there aren't a lot of resources available to fit our needs.

Ron
Series9
Prepare to get: sheeplove.gif
smooth_eddy
I have had good luck with AA. And they are even open on Saturday. My complaint is they hose you for shipping plus their prices are very high. So I use them as a last resort. I too have talked to Geo on the phone and he gave me very valuable info at the time. But, that info is available right here on this board. Always go to Pelican first. Eddy
TROJANMAN
take customer service out of the equation and compare their prices. that should be enough for you to decide to shop somewhere else.
joeav8tor
I have been ordering from AA for the past two months since owning my 914. They have sent my parts pretty quickly, each time I ordered. One billing problem, and one missing part problem that they quickly attended to. I would say that you should use them and form your own opinion. If you have a question about a problem, George is quick to answer your email.
good luck flag.gif
Joe
william harris
I have ordered stuff from AA for years and never had a problem. No, they are not the cheapest. I would suggest dealing directly with Greg Treadway, he has made a real effort to be responsive to 914 club members and even gives a discount. Keep in mind that they are not the only source for a lot of what we need. I recently had a great experience with GPR (German Parts & Restoration) - called David late on Monday afternoon this week for shift rod bushings (they offer a brass bushing for the tranny bushing) - ordered all I needed. No big deal. Then next morning the parts are delivered along with a free T-Shirt. A car guy can never have too many T-shirts. Thanks Dave. smilie_pokal.gif
Automotive Hindenburg
I’ve had positive experiences with them. They have helped me out of two big old jams so far. I’m local so I usually just go pick up the parts I need. I have had orders shipped and did have a minor problem that was resolved. My theory about the messed up orders is that their mouser has an evil side. I have seen that cat with my own eyes jump up on their keyboard while the parts guy went back to check stock. Sure Mr. Kitty, I ordered two sets of 914-6 rear calipers, put them on my card! laugh.gif
Brando
If you've yet to do business, ask for Greg Treadway, tell him you're a 914club member and have yet to do biz with AA. He seems set on making their reputation good, especially for club-oriented members (any p-car club).
nebreitling
a lot of new guys on this thread -- welcome to the club, gents! beerchug.gif
Root_Werks
I will go through GPR who will deal with them now if I need something no one else has. That seems to be working for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.