Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gauge Wiring Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ed_Turbo
Hey peeps,

I have some quick time to kill so I am on the internet. Worked on the Porsche last weekend and I wanted some wiring pros to check my work out because the damm speedo is not reading and the gauge lights at night aren’t turning on either. Something wierd is going on and I cannot find it. Also, fuse #1 is not getting a signal, but that is another story I guess

Check it out. This was like my third time checking the wiring and I cannot find the problem.

Click to view attachment

-Big Ed
Ed_Turbo
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif

Maybe it is something else?
bandjoey
If the speeedo is not working, then the cable is just not seated into the gauge or at the other end the transmission. unscrew the cable housing, slightly twist the housing and re-seat it.
From Pelican, here's a wiring diagram. if correct, check the fuse and clean the grounds.
Rob-O
And as far as the gauge lighting, you may have it turned down on the light switch. I know mine likes to act wonky every once in a while. I think the rheostat inside just gets to the point where it’s not making good contact.
Ed_Turbo
Yeah I got that wiring template. That is how I labeled the back.

Thanks for the tips guys. I will check it out this weekend. driving.gif beerchug.gif

-Ed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.