Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OT] Scale models 935 build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
i love porsche
can you post some of the pics here so i dont have to make an account to see them

im really interested in this project!
Gint
QUOTE (i love porsche @ Jun 7 2005, 09:48 PM)
can you post some of the pics here so i dont have to make an account to see them

im really interested in this project!

agree.gif

Throw some pics over here Dave. I hate sites that you have to sign up for to view pics.
djm914-6
I didn't realise that's how they worked. Crap! I'll see if I can't drag some in here. The guy who's building the 1/8 scale 935 engine from scratch is doing a awsome job. He's even scratch building the P&Cs!
djm914-6
Starting point, thanks to Racer Chris!
djm914-6
big and little. One is 1/8 scale the other 1/24
djm914-6
motor build follows...
djm914-6
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
djm914-6
user posted image

I can't build anyhing like this guy!
BMartin914
Is this a garage kit or a production kit Dave? You know who makes it?
djm914-6
This is none of the above. What you see started as a pile of various sizes and shapes of plastic. I sent the creator a few links and photos and he's building everything completely from scratch. I understand that he has a 1:20 scale 935 model that he's taking some measurments from but most of this is just from photos.

Remember the guy that build a working 1/3 scale Ferrari?
jonwatts
Yes I do remember the working 1/3 scale ferrari, but I've always wanted to find a copy of that video in higher resolution and in any format other than RealPlayer.

Anyone? Anyone?

maf914
QUOTE (BMartin914 @ Jun 8 2005, 06:44 AM)
Is this a garage kit or a production kit Dave? You know who makes it?

If you are interested in a large scale 935 model kit, Tamiya has re-issued their 1/12 scale Martini 935, originally issued in the 70's or 80's. Hobby Link Japan, www.hlj.com, a great mail order company, offers it for around $100 I think. Also some US distributors have it.

BMartin914
I do love the big scale kits, but...I already have a 1/12 Datsun 240 ZG that is unbuilt and a 1/2 finished Jaguar E-Type that I quit working on about 6 months ago. Need to work on that one. $100 sounds a little cheap though.
djm914-6
The good news is that this car will be up for sale :::caugh:: Plug ::caugh:: once it's built. I'll do the right thing and offer it to the guy making the motor first then the 914club, then PP then if all else fails ebay.

The car will most likely get Martini colors. One side will be a solid body, the other on a ghost cut-a-way paint to show off it's guts.

Chris Foley did a great job on the cage and seat. I doubt I'll be able to match it for the rest of the car though.
maf914
QUOTE (BMartin914 @ Jun 8 2005, 09:39 AM)
$100 sounds a little cheap though.

I was curious about the price, so I went to www.hlj.com. No more Tamiya 1/12 scale 935. sad.gif

I checked Phoenix Models and they list it as out of stock. Their price was only $71 though! ohmy.gif

Sorry, I guess I spoke too soon. sad.gif

http://phoenix-model.com/PSearchResult.asp...EVEREST-TOEO618
i love porsche
that looks amazing!!!

i cant wait to see it finished!

keep us updated
ChrisFoley
That little engine is insane. w00t.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (maf914 @ Jun 8 2005, 04:03 PM)
I was curious about the price, so I went to www.hlj.com. No more Tamiya 1/12 scale 935.

i bought and assembled one when they were new; nice job if i do say so myself. it has suffered a bit through many moves.

i *think* i saved the box (for the illustration) but i'm not sure, and all that stuff is packed offsite. i still have the matching 936 NIB tho...

sorry about the SirAndy-style photo - that image filled the viewfinder although there was LOTS of empty space in the final image... that camera has a fairly limited close-focus range. i'll redo it when i get the ringlight mounted to the film camera but that'll be a couple of days...
maf914
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Jun 9 2005, 05:55 AM)
i still have the matching 936 NIB tho...

I didn't know Tamiya or anyone else had made a 1/12 scale 936. I do know Tamiya and another Japanese company offered various 1/24 scale 936's and I think Tamiya had a 1/10 radio controlled body kit.

BTW: Nice job on your 935!
meares
YEAH that 1/3 scale Ferrari!!!!!!now THAT was phenomenal!!!!!!!! aktion035.gif
djm914-6
latest engine pic
user posted image
djm914-6
This 935 is almost as insane as that 1/3 scale Ferrari we've seen. Check this out...
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.