Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: spot weld drill
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
restore2seater
There is a FS on pelican for a spot weld drill. Has anyone ever used anything like this? If so, how well does it work?

Viking VT-8500
ConeDodger
I just bought a spot weld drill bit at the Autobody supply store. $15? evilgrin.gif
Steve
Be careful... pretty easy to drill a bigger hole removing the spot weld. I find it easier to just grind it off with a small grinder.
mb911
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 21 2018, 07:55 PM) *

Be careful... pretty easy to drill a bigger hole removing the spot weld. I find it easier to just grind it off with a small grinder.

agree.gif
worn
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 21 2018, 08:55 PM) *

Often the rust powder is a sign that you have cut through the first layer. I like the one I got from Eastwood. Just a rotobroach type bit with a spring tip. I also use a 1/8 bit to make dents for the pilot to stay in.

I think the tool in question is for those who do this every day. Glad I haven't had to do it in several years now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.