Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thank you Mark DeBernardi!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pisces914
Hey Guys, This is late in coming, but I wanted to post a grateful thank you and strong recommendation for Mark DeBernardi and his shop in Napa, California

In short, i screwed up when i installed a Triad exhaust (highly recommended:)!) and forgot to put the nuts back on the muffler hanger - off to WCC 2, and 800 miles into my journey, I noticed a lot of Swepco dripping out the end of my 914!!!

Mark DeBernardi did a great job accurately diagnosing the problem, and giving me the piece of mind to run the car at Willow Springs and still get back to Seattle (3000 miles total!) - I met up with Mark at his shop in Napa and he helped me take steps to get back to Seattle w/o a hassle.

So 914 folks, if you need a great mechanic in the Napa area, a guy who is there on time, get's the job done, and is reasonably priced, Mark DeBernardi is your man!!!

Also, if you want to buy my old 901 tranny end cap, or just see the damage, check out the following ebay sale, which ends 6/9/05:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMESE%3AIT

Thanks again, brad!!!
McMark
Thanks for the kind words. wub.gif

Here's the picture from the eBay auction. The arrows I've added point to the intense wear damage. The triangular shape is completely worn away. The wear went through the case and started leaking tranny fluid out. Very intense wear. Make sure your muffler hanger bolts are tight and that the hanger isn't rubbing against the tranny. Glad you made it back without incident Brad.
Leo Imperial
QUOTE (McMark @ Jun 7 2005, 06:39 PM)
Thanks for the kind words. wub.gif

Here's the picture from the eBay auction. The arrows I've added point to the intense wear damage. The triangular shape is completely worn away. The wear went through the case and started leaking tranny fluid out. Very intense wear. Make sure your muffler hanger bolts are tight and that the hanger isn't rubbing against the tranny. Glad you made it back without incident Brad.

As far as making it back without incident...Does getting pulled over for 71 in a 55 count as "incident".
Sorry Brad, He was following me. The cop refused to only give me a ticket. Something about if your freinds jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge??? happy11.gif
Dr Evil
JB weld! Mark is deffinetly one of our assests. WTG man!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.