Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1976 Front panel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
I just got in a 76 2.0 914, While cleaning it out I noticed the front panel looked a little different. I think this is the first one like this I have seen. Anyone else see one like this??
CCLINODA
xsboost90
whats different? confused24.gif
skline
The holes are sealed and not plugged with rubber plugs.
boxstr
I havent seen them like that before. What year is yours?
CCLINDOH
xsboost90
mine are like that, they just never cut them out, no reason really.
boxstr
What are those holes for anyway??
CCLIN????
Grimstead
QUOTE (boxstr @ Jun 7 2005, 07:50 PM)
What are those holes for anyway??
CCLIN????

Makes it easier for the rodents to get in while it's on jackstands happy11.gif
skline
They were for an oil cooler in the 6 models.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Jun 7 2005, 07:53 PM)
They were for an oil cooler in the 6 models.

wrong. what 6 models are you talkin about? and WHAT 6 had oil coolers THAT LOW???

the openings are at least an inch or two north of the holes...half bumper, half valence.

no clue why they are there though
Grimstead
I'm telling you, Rodent holes!
Series9
The nose of the TurtleGirl build ('76). It is different from the RS ('72):
xsboost90
for oil cooler, the shrowd from the 6 is not there either. They are still exposed when you take the bumper off but valance is still on.
North Bay 914
These plugs were installed/removed as required for the 914-6 GT race cars, from what I have been told from a couple of folks who really know the 914 GT. You could block air flow to the cooler on a really cold day, or open them up when it was hot. Some photos I have seen on the GT car you will see the opening in the bumper, but no big hole in the body. Only the holes you are talking about, which ironically are right behing the opening in the GT bumper.
Verruckt
Ya'll have late model tubs. My 72 has holes where those indentations are. Was it a model year thing then? confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.