Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chrome exhaust tip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cal
I'm looking for opinions for this chrome exhaust tip on my '74 2.0L.....leave it or remove it? The tip is from a smaller diameter 912 exhaust system.
mepstein
Whatever makes you happy.

How did you get the cool antique tag? Mine are white.
Tom_T
Jeff,

There actually were a 914-2.0 & 1.7/1.8 versions of those chrome tips from the factory as an accessory/option, but the 914 ones are NLA.

The "real deal" early 912 ones are also NLA & worth big bucks to the912 CWs, but I don't recall if it was the round or square rolled end type which is hard to get & therefore pricey. So you could sell it for some good bucks if it's the NLA one, if you don't like it (I can ask our Zone 8 Concours co-chair who is a 912 guy, if you need to know).

I personally like the look - like adding a little jewelry to a pretty gal - & those are as close as you can get today, or cheaper chrome repros which rust pit very easily.

So if you like it too - then keep it.

The only Porsche/OEM choices today in new/NOS chrome tips are the smaller 912 or larger 911/914-6 size - either way they're adjusted to fit the 914-2.0 pipe diameter.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Cal
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 23 2018, 08:40 PM) *

Whatever makes you happy.

How did you get the cool antique tag? Mine are white.

Thanks....I'll live with it for now.

I hated the PA antique plates that had the Model T on it....so I had the black plate reproduced to match the original purple style PA plates.
Cairo94507
Looks great- leave it. It looks perfect. smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
SO.O.C914er
Matches up really well with your chrome bumper. Leave it on agree.gif
burton73
It looks great!!

Bob B
Montreal914
Looks very good smilie_pokal.gif

I also like this look very much drooley.gif (from This Sunday Luft V)

Click to view attachment

Firstcar
I like it too beerchug.gif I had to fab my own.
Click to view attachment
914Sixer
I like it, it looks OEM. Dansk come with chrome tips but not the rolled edge.
Rob-O
Where did you get them and what is the I.D.?
PanelBilly
Keep it
fishgeckos
I like it. Goes well with the bumper. I now want one, too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.