Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New oil lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
I've finished the supply line and now its tucked away from Ben's heat exchangers. Ignore the brake line that rubs. It will be fine when I finish putting the retainer clips on it

Click to view attachment

Now for the return line. This one is a bit more work. Still needs a few bends to fit closer to the oil tubes and clear the HE. I'm going to use a flexable line to fit out thru the body and connect to the tank

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
mepstein
I got a lot of flack for my T fitting. I'm supposed to have it safety wired. You might want to do it before you fill with oil.
PanelBilly
Good idea
PanelBilly
Time is running out and I need to get the car sorted out before the WCR. I compromised on a solid return line and modified the Patrick hard line to be shorter so it wouldn’t interfer with the heat exchanger. I ran the old braided line back to the tank.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I got the hole drilled in the engine tin on one side but the teeth on the hole saw wore out before I could finish the second side. The cashier at Harbour Freight said I could bring the set back if I wasn’t happy with the quality. Looks like I need to do that.

Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
While I was in there, I modified my breather canister so it would be easier to drain. Now I just open a valve under the car.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.