Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 6 for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
krazykonrad
Just acme across this. No affiliation, etc. Kinda steep, but who knows, maybe we will all become zillionaires.

https://petrolicious.com/marketplace/upgrad...rsche-914-6-2-7
914Sixer
The air must be a little thin. Must be clouding the thought process.
pete000
Looks nice in the photos, would love to see underside details though.
SirAndy
Looks like a nice restore, i for one like the fact that the prices are finally going up again ...
biggrin.gif
thelogo
Would an orignal, unmodified /6

Be worth more then this one ?
Andyrew
QUOTE(thelogo @ Apr 24 2018, 12:06 PM) *

I believe so.
burton73
Theses nice super clean 6s will bring the big money. Just look where the 911s are from the late 60 and early 70s.

We are riding the crest of the wave and things are going up fast as people are digging these cars.

Look what a new P car costs and they just go down from there as they age a couple of years.

I guy with big money does not want to dick with building a car.

Bob B
Chip
Shit o dear that's a pretty car.
stevegm
Prices have really shot up recently, particularly for really nice cars. Hagerty price guides are really showing gains.
jim_hoyland
VIN database shows a 2013 entry when Car was in Ohio
Peashooter
I built that car. Yes, it is just as nice underneath. Since the original engine was long gone, and the wheel wells were already cut out for flares, I figured what the heck.
That car had no rust issues to repair, unlike most I see on here getting cut into pieces and put back together with donor parts.
Is a real nice, rust free original worth more? I might be finding out since I have one that may go on the block.
flyer86d
It looks like a very nice car and I hope he gets his price. It would be great to see a personalized six get its price.

Who writes adds like this though. Jeez

Charlie
raynekat

Not necessarily.

Someone may want the bigger engine, flares, etc and be prepared to pay for it.

Seems like 914-6's are following the trend of the early 911's.
All nice ones, whether factory original or not, are selling for big money these days.
Just a sign of the times I'm afraid.
mepstein
Our hot rod and backdate 911’s sell for way more than pristine originals. Stock is safe but outlaw is fun.
echocanyons
In that condition, with those specs I would say it’s a pretty fair deal.
It would take much more to recreate.
Dave_Darling

Sure. Especially if it were a time capsule with only 6,000 total miles on it.

But if you have a beat-up Six that is missing its original drive train, this will likely be worth more than just putting it back to near-stock specs.

You're talking apples and oranges, really.

--DD
SKL1
Very nice looking. Wonder if there would be overheating issues with a 2.7 and no front cooler???
porschetub
QUOTE(raynekat @ Apr 25 2018, 11:14 AM) *

Not necessarily.

Someone may want the bigger engine, flares, etc and be prepared to pay for it.

Seems like 914-6's are following the trend of the early 911's.
All nice ones, whether factory original or not, are selling for big money these days.
Just a sign of the times I'm afraid.

agree.gif hard to see fault in the car and a few lately have had the $$$ and not been up to it and easy singled out by members on here as not really up there.
Yes sign of the times but not 107K @ this stage but in a few years it will be a good price.
IMO modifications such as this car have little bearing on value of an original car if done right,besides it can only increase the value of those on here that have done good conversions,think about that for the future .
porschetub
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 25 2018, 01:32 PM) *

Our hot rod and backdate 911’s sell for way more than pristine originals. Stock is safe but outlaw is fun.

Yes and a good market for them Mark,check out sales on Pelican FS section.
thelogo
[quote name='raynekat' date='Apr 24 2018, 04:14 PM' post='2602531']
[quote name='thelogo' post='2602465' date='Apr 24 2018, 12:06 PM']

[/quote]

Not necessarily.

Someone may want the bigger engine, flares, etc and be prepared to pay for it

I just dont follow you here isnt that what a 914-6 conversion
Is for

Because the mods detracts from the so called prominace

Of factory /6

But i guess if its not matching numbers stock is irrelevant at that point

And what do you think this build would cost to duplicate using
a 914 /4 then we can
See if its worth 100k
JmuRiz
That's a good looking ad!

...oh yeah, the car is really good looking too.
Van914
QUOTE(Peashooter @ Apr 24 2018, 05:31 PM) *

I built that car. Yes, it is just as nice underneath. Since the original engine was long gone, and the wheel wells were already cut out for flares, I figured what the heck.
That car had no rust issues to repair, unlike most I see on here getting cut into pieces and put back together with donor parts.
Is a real nice, rust free original worth more? I might be finding out since I have one that may go on the block.

Aren't you sorry you sold it Bill? I can't believe you will sell the Silver one too!
The Orange on sure is pretty still.
Van
Peashooter
Oh, sometimes I'm sorry I let it go. Sorry to see it's on the market. I don't know if the guy selling it owns it and is a flipper or if he is selling it on consignment.
Thinking on the silver car. We kinda want a newer fun car to take trips in, etc. But the silver one is fun to drive.
Mueller

To me and many others this car is worth more than a /4 conversion since they made so few real /6 cars.
The original motor might still be out there which would further increase the cost.

The mods don't distract anything from it, very common back in the day for the factory, dealers and privateers to modify real /6 cars.

Taking a stock 911 and turning it into a 935 racer doesn't seem to distract from the price all that much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.