Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 1.8 Roller
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Beach914
1974 Roller being set up for a 2.7 conversion. Easily convert back to 1.8 or 2.0 if desired.

Body in excellent condition with repaint in silver (was Alaska blue).

Has 911 front five lug conversion. Rear hubs are five lug not drilled.

Has small area on underside where clutch cable needed to be accessed for repair. Easily repaired.

Lots of parts come with it to be able to build a great car. Bumper have been rechromed and are in incredible shape.

Interior needs typical work, cracked dashed, rubber seals, etc but can be done after getting it roadworthy again.

I recently purchased some replica 15 x 6 Fuchs to replace some hideous Boxster wheels. They are in great shape with no roadrash or bent lips.

Offering separate of 2.7 engine to gauge interest.

Save yourself a lot of work towards getting a beautiful car on the road.

Feel free to ask any questions or request more photos.

$14,000

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

KBMAN
Wow that's going to be a beautiful ride...It already shows it! drooley.gif
Morrie
Hi Beach 914,

Could you please explain (pictures too?) what modifications were made already for the 911 conversion, thinking in terms of what would need to change to take it back to original for a full 914 2.0 with EFI drivetrain install?

Could you highlight what steps were done to verify there was no rust in the floors? With the thick top coating on the original floors capturing moisture when breached, this is always a concern.

Could you show the clutch cable area that you say requires repair, so we can understand what would be needed here before installing a drivetrain/ completing the car?

With the 5 lug conversion there is always the challenge of how to deal with the emergency brake. Can you explain how this was managed in your case?

Kind regards,
Morrie
Beach914
Understood. Give me a day to get it up on a jack to get you some pictures. I'll take some more detailed pictures of the interior to explain how incredibly clean his car is inside.

David
Beach914
From what I observed the prep for the 2.7 conversion was the 911 front suspension, five lug rear hubs, two holes drilled in the driver's side engine bay to prep for the oil tank. I didn't have a plan for the rear handbrake at his point as I was in the process of collecting additional parts and selling off some odds and ends.
As far as floorboard rust I picked at the tar in several areas to reveal the typical areas where we all know the water typically collects.attached some pictures which do show one small area, drivers side, that has created a hole. I show it from the underside and on top. All other areas are very solid but do have some surface corrosion. I poked and dragged a screwdriver under the floor board ribs to see f there were any other rust through areas. I did not find any.
Firewall areas behind the backpad are solid and clean and I tried to get a few pictures of both sides.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Morrie
Thank you so much for the detailed response and pictures. Unfortunately, the common lack of handbrake with the 911 rear 5 lug conversion is a major concern for me, both for safety and because the state of Texas requires it. The car looks great, and will be a fantastic project for someone out there. Again, thank you and the best of luck with the sale of your project!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.