Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So Cal Transmission Clinic May 26
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Dr Evil
Bump to keep relevant. This is the lowest turn out that I have ever seen. Not sure why as the CA guys have been pestering me off forum for years to do another clinic in LA/OC area. Might be another several years until I get back to that area. Life has been busy wink.gif

I told Aaron to let SMC know that the number of participants looks far less than 20 (currently 7). Likely scale down some things, no beer truck, catering will be more of take-out. No worries, I will still show for those willing to go. May even only take a day.
LowBridge
low turnout?? my dad, son and I did the Richmond clinic and not only was it a blast getting to know more 914 owners but Dr. Evil is epic and this transmission runs like new.

do not miss out on this and get in!
Dr Evil
QUOTE(LowBridge @ May 1 2018, 10:54 AM) *

low turnout?? my dad, son and I did the Richmond clinic and not only was it a blast getting to know more 914 owners but Dr. Evil is epic and this transmission runs like new.

do not miss out on this and get in!

That was a lot of fun and the fastest clinic I have ever done.

Just a heads up......SMC is having issues with finding staff who want to work memorial day. Go figure. I guess Im the only one that likes to work on vacation wink.gif

I cannot do any alternative dates in the near future so it is either this weekend, or when I can get around to it in the next 12-24mo. Lots of things in the air at home that need me to be present. So, do we have an alternative to our alternative for a small number of participants? Seems like we will be doing a more traditional clinic after all if we can get a venue. Should be great, and like the one above. Also, should be done in one day if we are not limited to 9-5 (likely done by 10pm).
mtndawg
For those people who are thinking about waiting until the next one...I did that and the last time there was one near me was 2011 wink.gif This is why I'm planning to make the 300 mile drive from Sacramento to LA.
76-914
+1, I received a Dr Evil rebuilt trans with my latest project and can say w/o reservations that it shifts better than any 901 trans I've ever had. beerchug.gif
914 RZ-1
Could we have this in a 3-car garage? I can volunteer mine. I'd have to get some help getting my 914 out of the way, since it won't have a transmission. I live in the suburbs of northern LA county (Santa Clarita), which is about 40 minutes from Eagle Rock. There's even enough street parking for about 10 cars. And, I'm near Wolf Creek Brewery (walking distance). Just a thought.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(914 RZ-1 @ May 1 2018, 03:01 PM) *

Could we have this in a 3-car garage? I can volunteer mine. I'd have to get some help getting my 914 out of the way, since it won't have a transmission. I live in the suburbs of northern LA county (Santa Clarita), which is about 40 minutes from Eagle Rock. There's even enough street parking for about 10 cars. And, I'm near Wolf Creek Brewery (walking distance). Just a thought.

Hell yes! A two car garage would be fine for our numbers. I’ll hit you up when I get home.
eric9144
Damn would love to do this but would have to learn to pull my trans 1st dry.gif Not sure I'd have time with my kids and schedule sad.gif
914 RZ-1
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 1 2018, 02:10 PM) *

QUOTE(914 RZ-1 @ May 1 2018, 03:01 PM) *

Hell yes! A two car garage would be fine for our numbers. I’ll hit you up when I get home.

PM sent.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(eric9144 @ May 1 2018, 05:16 PM) *

Damn would love to do this but would have to learn to pull my trans 1st dry.gif Not sure I'd have time with my kids and schedule sad.gif

Eric, I am flying into and out of SD. That is where I am from so may have time to pull your transmission. Also, if you post that you need help, many locals will come and help. Lots of folks in that area. If I can help, let me know.
Tdskip
Do we have a confirmed count?

I am in for sure.

kahluver
Tom, thanks for reminding me of this.

Dr Evil - PM sent to you. I'm in too, please let me know if you still need a venue and how to pay for this.

Thanks!
ValcoOscar
I am ON in if we can do clinic in ONE long day (Santa Clarita) as Dr proposed. If not, no worries, I'll need to ship my trans to Dr.

Santa Clarita is 3 hours from Temecula so 12 hours of driving through LA on a holiday weekend wouldn't quite work for me.

Echo Park was doable.

Oscar

Dr Evil
Count is updated regularly at the bottom of the first post. I have one 912 guy contacting me, but he doesn't know about the likely venue change. At this time, we appear to have all bases covered with back up. I am not feeling that SMC can pull it off, despite their generous and best effort. I still need to see if they can get gasket sets.

For a one day deal, depends on how motivated you are. With a group of 10-13, I can get you done in one day if you work fast and don't goof around too much wink.gif
914_teener
I can offer my garage in Glendora for that weekend....BBQ and beer.

I am in.

Rob
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(914_teener @ May 2 2018, 09:51 AM) *

I am in.

Rob

14.gif

Another venue option...Thx Rob..let's see
914_teener
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ May 2 2018, 09:55 AM) *

I am in.

Rob

14.gif

Thanks Oscar...missed you guys at the R66. Saw Kent and Elliot driving down to Jerome. Got a phone call from LA that day from my sister that my mom was not doing well, so I drove home. She passed away last Thursday.

If SMC can't do it or if one of our fellow "914 Brothers" can't do it, I'd love to do it just for the company.

Rob
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(914_teener @ May 2 2018, 10:00 AM) *

I am in.

Rob

14.gif

Thanks Oscar...missed you guys at the R66. Saw Kent and Elliot driving down to Jerome. Got a phone call from LA that day from my sister that my mom was not doing well, so I drove home. She passed away last Thursday.

If SMC can't do it or if one of our fellow "914 Brothers" can't do it, I'd love to do it just for the company.

Rob

So sorry to hear that Rob...Now I feel bad, I thought you were enjoying AZ with the wife and purposely ditching us...condolences to your family.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(914_teener @ May 2 2018, 01:00 PM) *

I am in.

Rob

14.gif

Rob

Damn, Rob. That is tragic and I am sorry for your loss. You should come to wherever we hold this event.

As for locations, I am open to see what the members want. It makes no difference to me as I will be driving up the night before from San Diego and driving back after if we finish up.

So, we have two alternative now? Glendora and Santa Clarita?
kevinhunter
Can I get a clinic status from anyone?
All I see are the titles of the posts (weird format)
I'd love attend, is it on? THANK YOU

gothspeed
If it stays in LA or OC counties I should make it. But I will need access to parts as well.
Dr Evil
Ok, with the 912 interest, I appear to be about 13 participants. Ill be calling 914 RZ-1 in a few minutes and hammering out the details to settle on location. If your name is not in the bottom of the first post and you want in, you best get to me because I may be closing the gate on entry tonight wink.gif
don-6
Add me to the list please.
I need to repair my crunchy 1st gear.

Thanks, Don
Dr Evil
Don, you are on the list.

First post updated, please read the whole thing. Back to benefiting from anyone willing to bring rags, acetone, community power tools, etc. Changed venue to 914 ZR-1's house (Jeff). Spoke with him tonight and all is go and good.
914 RZ-1
This is at my house in suburban Santa Clarita. I will PM the official participants my address and contact info in the next day or so. If you don't get it, PM me with an email address and I'll get it to you.

If you want to watch, PM me and I will send you address and contact info.

I have about 140' of curb in front of my house for parking, plus my driveway. Carpool if you can. Most of the people on my street have an old car they work on, so I'm sure they will be understanding. I just don't want any letters from the HOA!

Wolf Creek Brewery is 0.7 miles from my house. Let me know if you all want to go there for either lunch and/or dinner. I can talk to them and see about reservations. They have an outside patio (with a beautiful view of a suburban shopping mall parking lot!) we can sit on.

We can also BBQ something in my backyard. You bring it, you can grill it! I can have a cooler of ice for drinks.

There are also other food options nearby: In-n-Out, McDonalds, Pizza, Mexican, Panera, Carls Jr, to name a few.

Not sure what time everyone wants to eat, but we'll need/want to take a break and get something at some point. Maybe we can convince a spectator to pick it up for us! If we're nice and we behave, I might be able to convince my lovely wife to do it.

Does anyone want to buy a t-shirt? I can maybe get some made, but it will probably be about $25 a shirt. Let me know; if there's enough interest, I'll get some made.

I have an air compressor for use, if you want to bring air tools.

I will need some help putting my 914 back in the garage at the end of the day.

PM or post any other questions, concerns, etc. Looking forward to seeing you all there. aktion035.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(914 RZ-1 @ May 3 2018, 11:07 AM) *

This is at my house in suburban Santa Clarita. I will PM the official participants my address and contact info in the next day or so. If you don't get it, PM me with an email address and I'll get it to you.

If you want to watch, PM me and I will send you address and contact info.

I have about 140' of curb in front of my house for parking, plus my driveway. Carpool if you can. Most of the people on my street have an old car they work on, so I'm sure they will be understanding. I just don't want any letters from the HOA!

Wolf Creek Brewery is 0.7 miles from my house. Let me know if you all want to go there for either lunch and/or dinner. I can talk to them and see about reservations. They have an outside patio (with a beautiful view of a suburban shopping mall parking lot!) we can sit on.

We can also BBQ something in my backyard. You bring it, you can grill it! I can have a cooler of ice for drinks.

There are also other food options nearby: In-n-Out, McDonalds, Pizza, Mexican, Panera, Carls Jr, to name a few.

Not sure what time everyone wants to eat, but we'll need/want to take a break and get something at some point. Maybe we can convince a spectator to pick it up for us! If we're nice and we behave, I might be able to convince my lovely wife to do it.

Does anyone want to buy a t-shirt? I can maybe get some made, but it will probably be about $25 a shirt. Let me know; if there's enough interest, I'll get some made.

I have an air compressor for use, if you want to bring air tools.

I will need some help putting my 914 back in the garage at the end of the day.

PM or post any other questions, concerns, etc. Looking forward to seeing you all there. aktion035.gif

Any donut shops near by? Id like to provide donuts and coffee in the morning.
914 RZ-1
Any donut shops near by? Id like to provide donuts and coffee in the morning.

Yes, right next to Wolf Creek. S&S Donuts 27754 McBean Pkwy. Right down the street from my house. It's on your way here! Turn right on Decoro from McBean then left into the parking lot.

914 RZ-1
I just sent everyone a PM with my contact info.

EXCEPT the two 912bbs guys. They can PM me here or email me: jdlindell@msn.com. If anyone has contact info for them, let me know.
kahluver
I'm in!!! Whoo hoo... No worries I'm used to being the last guy picked for the team.

914-rz-1 Thanks for volunteering your home! My vote is backyard BBQ as we'll probably be too tired and greasy to be allowed into a restaurant. I'm in for a t-shirt too if you decide to make em.

-Gabe
Dr Evil
QUOTE(kahluver @ May 3 2018, 11:29 AM) *

I'm in!!! Whoo hoo... No worries I'm used to being the last guy picked for the team.

914-rz-1 Thanks for volunteering your home! My vote is backyard BBQ as we'll probably be too tired and greasy to be allowed into a restaurant. I'm in for a t-shirt too if you decide to make em.

-Gabe

Gabe makes an excellent point about smell and appearance. We will stink and not be any prettier. BBQ sounds good to me. We can generate a supply list.
John90290
Is this a one day or two day event? Not sure where we landed?
sb914
I hope more people take advantage of this!! With all the peeps around here, I'm surprised it's not "fully booked" confused24.gif I would be all over this for my other teener, but just cant afford right now.
Help spread the word for the good dr .
914 RZ-1
It might be easier to just BBQ hamburgers. We can have everyone bring something. I'll supply the BBQ and kitchen facilities.

We will also need:
buns
patties
fries
lettuce
tomato
ketchup
mustard
relish
onion
maybe a potato salad
watermelon?
drinks
cups for drinks (could just use the can/bottle)
plates
utensils
napkins

There is a grocery store right down the street. Keep in mind this is a holiday weekend; they might be crowded or run out.

This will work best if we do this is in one day. For a two-day, we could maybe have hamburgers one day and hot dogs the next.

If everyone brings something, we will have enough. Put your name by what you want to bring and I'll keep track of it.

Or we could make this easy:
get pizzas delivered.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(914 RZ-1 @ May 3 2018, 09:21 AM) *

It might be easier to just BBQ hamburgers. We can have everyone bring something. I'll supply the BBQ and kitchen facilities.

We will also need:
buns
patties: Oscar
fries
lettuce
tomato
ketchup
mustard
relish
onion
maybe a potato salad: Oscar
watermelon?
salad: Oscar
cookies: Oscar
drinks
plates: Oscar
utensils: Oscar
napkins: Oscar

Acetone: Oscar
Shop Towels: Oscar
Need Tables??

I prefer ONE day clinic

I could use a co-pilot from (OC area). PM me if interested

There is a grocery store right down the street. Keep in mind this is a holiday weekend; they might be crowded or run out.

This will work best if we do this is in one day. For a two-day, we could maybe have hamburgers one day and hot dogs the next.

If everyone brings something, we will have enough. Put your name by what you want to bring and I'll keep track of it.

get pizzas delivered.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(914 RZ-1 @ May 3 2018, 12:21 PM) *

We will also need:
buns
patties
fries
lettuce
tomato
ketchup
mustard
relish
onion
maybe a potato salad
watermelon?
drinks
plates
utensils
napkins

get pizzas delivered.

I fully expect to be done in one day. Im down with whatever, Im an omnivore. chowtime.gif
914 RZ-1
This officially starts at 9, but you all are welcome to get here earlier in the morning to set up so we can finish in a day.
yeahmag
I just wrote SMC a thank you letter and let them know we will be having the event at another location. They hadn't declined yet, but reportedly were having trouble getting volunteers for the event on a holiday weekend. They were very open and truly excited about supporting us and building a relationship. I hope we can do something with them in the future.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(914 RZ-1 @ May 3 2018, 01:17 PM) *

This officially starts at 9, but you all are welcome to get here earlier in the morning to set up so we can finish in a day.

I think a show and shine there would be a great idea. I wish I had been able to give them more notice. Their proposed contribution would have been epic. Maybe next time around? Much love to SMC for trying.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(914 RZ-1 @ May 3 2018, 01:17 PM) *

Im willing to start early....I guess. I hate mornings wink.gif No sooner than 7:30.
kahluver
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ May 3 2018, 09:45 AM) *

We will also need:
buns
fries
lettuce
tomato
ketchup: Gabe (kahluver)
mustard Gabe (kahluver)
relish Gabe (kahluver)
onion
watermelon?
drinks: Gabe (kahluver <- I'll grab bottle water and sodas but PM me if you guys have favorites )

Need Tables??

I prefer ONE day clinic

get pizzas delivered.

914-300Hemi
I’m in as a spectator and willing to travel to either location. Rob is literately 2 minutes away from my house.

I can bring drinks or anything that might be needed.
914-300Hemi
QUOTE(kahluver @ May 3 2018, 05:02 PM) *

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ May 3 2018, 09:45 AM) *

We will also need:
buns: Ravi
fries
lettuce: Ravi
Chips: Ravi
tomato: Ravi
ketchup: Gabe (kahluver)
mustard Gabe (kahluver)
relish Gabe (kahluver)
onion: Ravi
watermelon?
drinks: Gabe (kahluver <- I'll grab bottle water and sodas but PM me if you guys have favorites )

Need Tables??

I prefer ONE day clinic

get pizzas delivered.

Boomingbeetle
I’m a little late on the food-stuffs, but I will bring a couple boxes of nitrile gloves, cans of brake clean, and some extra tools. I have two electric impacts to share and other items.
mtndawg
Gabe, I’ll bring a couple of 6 packs of soda and beer (if that’s appropriate).
kahluver
QUOTE(mtndawg @ May 4 2018, 07:28 AM) *

Gabe, I’ll bring a couple of 6 packs of soda and beer (if that’s appropriate).

Awesome! If it's not appropriate I'll help you drink em before we get started. beerchug.gif
Dr Evil
Coke zero and any beer is good with me smile.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ May 3 2018, 07:26 PM) *

I’m in as a spectator and willing to travel to either location. Rob is literately 2 minutes away from my house.

Ravi-

If Rob is up to it...please bring him along.

914 RZ-1
Thanks to Ravi, Oscar and Gabe for all the meal supplies! aktion035.gif That is all taken care of. I even have a friend who is planning on being our grill master!

For those who want to bring anything else for food, maybe bring your favorite beverage. beer3.gif Someone can get some ice and anything else we need at the Ralphs down the street. I have coolers we can use.

I have plenty of outside seating.

I don't have any extra work tables, so it would be great if we all brought our own or brought extra.

More updates as needed. PM me or post with anything else.

914-300Hemi
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ May 4 2018, 09:23 AM) *

QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ May 3 2018, 07:26 PM) *

Ravi-

If Rob is up to it...please bring him along.

We are talking about it.
bulitt
Yikes! This is bigger than a Rennsports Reunion!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.