Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Radio Face Plate Problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I hope this will clear up what I am looking for. The aftermarket stuff is no where close to the factory. I laid the aftermarket plate over the factory one. You can see how much the plate is off. With the radio higher and off center the back mounting is incorrect and off. None of the Blaupunkt or Becker radio with chrome nose cone will NOT fit because the hole is about 1/4 too long on each side and is square.

Small holes with round corner mounting is the ticket.
McMark
Send me your old one and I'll make you exactly what you need.
76-914
Look what my '70 came with! New to me. 2 single, clip in place pieces. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment

db9146
Look what my '70 came with! New to me. 2 single, clip in place pieces.

My '70 914-6 has the clips as well but I can check my faceplate as I am re-doing the basketweave at the moment and post a pic or two.

I'm using a Moto with the rounded corner chrome bezel.
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 25 2018, 08:20 AM) *

I hope this will clear up what I am looking for. The aftermarket stuff is no where close to the factory. I laid the aftermarket plate over the factory one. You can see how much the plate is off. With the radio higher and off center the back mounting is incorrect and off. None of the Blaupunkt or Becker radio with chrome nose cone will NOT fit because the hole is about 1/4 too long on each side and is square.

Small holes with round corner mounting is the ticket.

You have 2 different applications here, the plate with the larger cutout and smaller holes is for this type of application and uses shaft nuts to hold the faceplate to the radio:

Click to view attachment

The faceplate with the smaller cutout and larger shaft holes is for this application, no shaft nuts to hold the faceplate to the radio just the knobs and the chrome trim hold it in place. The chrome trim installs from the front.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.