Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Man, rough day at work..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
redshift
Gee.. another sub started something with the big man today, who came to me instantly, and told me all about it.. welp, then I was pissed off, and he says, "It's not your business to be pissed off.".. unsure.gif uhh.. 'scuse me, things about me, are my business..

So, long story short, I did something the other guy would find very sarcastic, and I got the full on body scream from the big man..

So.. I don't know if I am going back. I fill in alot of spaces around there, and I don't get anything from it.. maybe I need to do something else.

....like get on Fox news in a low speed chase, write a book, and retire to Miami.

:sigh:

M
jonwatts
You have (had) a job?

redshift
Why... yes.

Titled. De' El Grande' Wizard of Getting Jiggy with It Stay High Dollar Billster Phat Monkey.

M
ChrisFoley
Let it all out Miles, you'll feel better. smile.gif

BTW, is your Mail Order Baby a kind of BEANy baby?
redshift
NO! But check this... it's like a Stretch Armstrong! "He"... "It"... has no bones, but holds shape well... and when you get him bent up, he just goes back... like crazy!

(and free to good any home...)

M
neo914-6
At least they were direct. I get annual reviews based on insinuations and interpretations.

not fullfilling so I go online...even at home. laugh.gif

Here's something my daughter created on her toaster strudel this morning. It is supposed to be a rabbit in the sunshine but I thought it more resembled your smilie. happy11.gif
redshift
Dood... if she starts stacking mashed potatos to the ceiling.. and is sunburned on one side..

alien.gif

M
SLITS
That must be "*" in the upper right corner flying in for his share of the pie.
rick 918-S
I have 2 QC people that will randomly look at a vehicle estimate or property estimate I wrote for "leakage" screwy.gif I have 3 Ace inspectors combing through my file note content looking for missing content, missed opportunity, and any number of other things. The property Ace guy has a 181 point check list, I have monthly, quarterly and yearly file reviews with my direct Supervisor. screwy.gif No one is ever really happy with the settlement of their claim. Someone is always "getting ripped off!" I'd really rather have have some scream at me than slowly crawl around under my skin day after day delivering a thousand cuts of death.

Miles, I was having a conversation with an old retired attorney friend of mine about someone I felt was screwing me over. Long story but, He pipes up and say's "Who's got the problem" It's turns out he was right again. It was the other guy's problem and I was making it mine. We need to learn to recognize Who's crap is in the sack and realize we don't need to pick it up and take it with us. So buck up dude and let it go..

idea.gif Hey! can I get in the club member quotes thing.... happy11.gif "Who's Got the Problem!" happy11.gif
redshift
I'm going to lay out a couple days, and decide what to do. I don't need the crooked crap.

If I had a place to do it, I'd take a few weeks off, and do my car right now.

flipa.gif, World.

smile.gif

M
aircooledboy
Here's something my daughter created on her toaster strudel this morning. It is supposed to be a rabbit in the sunshine but I thought it more resembled your smilie.  

w00t.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif chairfall.gif chairfall.gif w00t.gif

Going on vacation tomorrow, the stress of getting everything squared away here at the office has got me just about ready to stroke out. I really needed a good laugh to start the day, and you came thru big time Felix. Thanks brother. beerchug.gif
jonwatts
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jun 8 2005, 05:20 AM)
happy11.gif "Who's Got the Problem!" happy11.gif

I think that's worthy of the (long lost) list of acronyms LB used to update. AKA "the FAQ"

WGTP?

scruz914
It is a perspective thing. Not to diminish your frustrations Miles but, right now, Steve and his family would gladly deal with getting yelled at by their boss compared to what they are going through.
Root_Werks
Work politics can be brutal. I have learned to keep my nose out of most things. I am sort of a hermit at work the last couple of years. Mostly becuase I hate my job, but it is a decent job, so I just keep my mouth shut. unsure.gif Someday, I will probably snap and go postal. happy11.gif ar15.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE (scruz914 @ Jun 8 2005, 07:20 AM)
It is a perspective thing. Not to diminish your frustrations Miles but, right now, Steve and his family would gladly deal with getting yelled at by their boss compared to what they are going through.

agree.gif Sometimes I leave work thinking "WTF am I doing here? Life sucks!" Then I think of something like Steve's family and tell myself to shut up again. Things can be worse.
machina
QUOTE (redshift @ Jun 8 2005, 12:27 AM)
I need to do something else.

....like get on Fox news in a low speed chase, write a book, and retire to Miami.

Come on down! We got lots of high speed chases here and quite a few well known authors as well.
MoveQik
Be your own boss....it's the only solution! I was a financial analyst for 7 years and finally had enough. Made a career change 3 years ago and I have never looked back. No boss, no monthly reports, no asking for time off, no annoying co-workers...you get the idea. beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
Shit runs down hill and it's hard to climb up while it's running....
scruz914
This Homer Simpson quote just popped into my head. I think it fits.

"...if you don't like your job, you don't quit. You just go in there every day, and do it really half-assed. That's the American way."
neo914-6
QUOTE (aircooledboy @ Jun 8 2005, 06:05 AM)
Here's something my daughter created on her toaster strudel this morning. It is supposed to be a rabbit in the sunshine but I thought it more resembled your smilie.  

w00t.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif chairfall.gif chairfall.gif w00t.gif

Going on vacation tomorrow, the stress of getting everything squared away here at the office has got me just about ready to stroke out. I really needed a good laugh to start the day, and you came thru big time Felix. Thanks brother. beerchug.gif

Your welcome! I was LMAO when she did this and she didn't have a clue...

Ain't that the truth about working really hard to take some time off and then the crap piles up when you return?

Root_Werks
Or if you take a day off during the week, but still have to get 40+ hours of crap done. wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.