Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Old Transmission 1.7 1972
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ross
Hi Everyone,

We are in the process of moving and I am cleaning out my shed and I came across the original transmission for our 1972 1.7. The PO gave it to me as he had previously converted the car to a side shift. I don't know anything about its condition (other than the way it looks). Do you all think it's worth anything? I really don't want to take it to the new house if it is not worth anything.

Thanks for any advice,
McMark
About $100 as a core. Tailshifter transmission can be adapted/converted to sideshifter. Or at least they're good for parts. Put it on Craigslist and here and see if it disappears.
Dr Evil
$50-100 depending on condition. The main issues is not that its a tail, as these can be converted as Mark said, it is that they tend to be in poor repair on the inside and need lots of $$ and parts. The parts that are in them, gears and r/p, are not usually worth much because there are a lot of them in pieces for sale online. My $0.02
Ross
thanks guys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.