Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D-Jet Distributor Condenser Work Around
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
When I was gathering parts to rebuild the two distributors I have, I found the new Bosch condensers with the correct numbers were to short. I did find some NOS ones that were long enough. I knew that there must be a better solution, besides I did not like the way the wire came all the way across the distributor. I kept looking at Bosch condensers until this one popped up. It is designed for the 912 distributor. There are two versions one with the square hole and the round hole. Only the round hole will work. Since then I have found a couple more versions that will work also. You can make a custom fitted wire from the distributor to the coil. I like the cleaner look. Pictures show NOS factory setup first then the revised version.
worn
Very interesting, but not sure I understand the solution. I think you have changed the mounting location but not at all sure what else is new. Dark wire is gone. What condenser?
914Sixer
Condenser is moved from being mounted over on the vacuum canister to right at the plug where it needs to be.
MartyYeoman
Looks cleaner, but doesn't the condenser now interfere with the 3-4 tin-work once installed? confused24.gif
914Sixer
I get a 0 on checking that fact.
914sgofast2
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 26 2018, 06:35 PM) *

I get a 0 on checking that fact.

I had that interference problem when I tried to mount it on the clip in front of the hole.
Mblizzard
I may have a box full of NOS condenses and such if there is a need for them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.