Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: re - rear window install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gulf908
guys

I'm looking to replace my rear window
is this a simple in/out replacement or a major operation usually done at restoration time ?

TIA
Dennis smile.gif
djway
You just need to remove the surrounding interior parts, pull glass, clean, lay down butyl and reinstall in reverse order.
falcor75
And remember to save the bottom edge rubber spacers when you pull the old glass.
Wyvern
Good time to replace the window to rear deck "seal" as well if needed.
And a good time to wind up your seat belt spring a bit as well if it needs a bit of help.

I am doing Sail Vinyl and rear window reset as we speak.
Find instructions for Sail Vinyl replacement as that is the process to get to the window.
(With a few less trim pieces to remove)
BeatNavy
The classic: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=15821

It's pretty straightforward. I managed to do it correctly in one attempt a few years ago. Everything else I do seems to require three tries before I get it right...
EdwardBlume
I used 3M window adhesive in a coil pack. Just be aware that you have one shot to get it on right because that stuff sticks.
Mikey914
We sell the complete reinstall kit for $20 including new spacers.

https://shop.914rubber.com/rear-window-rese...m?categoryId=-1

May want to look at the engine deck lid seal while you are there. You can do it later, but its something youll notice is probably seen better days.
Larmo63
My window guy Ruffino used much smaller butyl than what I received from 914 Rubber.

I forget the sizes, but it was about half the size. Not complaining, just mentioning that too big of the goopy bead, the bigger the smush.

smash.gif
gulf908
thanks for the responses guys
very helpful

cheers
Dennis smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.