Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB- GT Fuel Gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
crsedge
Hi All,
Looking for 60mm separate 914 GT Fuel Gauge. Anyone have one surplus to needs or any leads appreciated beerchug.gif
Cheers
Craig
Steve
Check with Auto Atlanta. That’s where I got mine from many years ago.
crsedge
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 28 2018, 08:13 AM) *

Check with Auto Atlanta. That’s where I got mine from many years ago.

Thanks. Just checked their website and unfortunately couldn’t see a silver dot gauge.
Cheers
Craig
PancakePorsche
North Hollywood Speedometer makes exact replicas.
crsedge
QUOTE(PancakePorsche @ Apr 28 2018, 03:05 PM) *

North Hollywood Speedometer makes exact replicas.

Thanks mate.
Sent them an email earlier to my post here; have heard they have stopped making them though? Am awaiting their reply.
Cheers
Craig
914Sixer
Craig,
I have a nos VDO fuel gauge that is needed for building the gauge. The stock console gauges are 60mm. Take the guts out and drill the 2nd light hole in. I have some used studs for bulbs from old gauges. Use the offf set rubber from the fuel light. Use the 60 mm dial face from the volt or temp gauge. Drill hole in face for low fuel light. Have face rescreened to match GT dial face. The only difference is there is no mounting studs on the back of case.

Pretty sure NHS can do all this for you if you have a used console gauge and this nos gauge.
bdstone914
What you picture looks like a 52mm VDO aftermarket gauge. You will need a compatible sending unit.
Readily available.

https://www.google.com/search?q=vdo+fuel+ga...ent=firefox-b-1
Larmo63
I've been after NH Speedometer for two years to make GT gas gauges.

Impossible, I've called him five times.
914Sixer
Finding the parts is the hard part.
pete000
The GT gauge is 60mm same as the center gauges found on the 914 center console on the 2.0 cars. Another method is using a Saab fuel gauge and having the graphics redone. Only problem is they are getting really hard to find now.
crsedge
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 28 2018, 11:03 PM) *

Craig,
I have a nos VDO fuel gauge that is needed for building the gauge. The stock console gauges are 60mm. Take the guts out and drill the 2nd light hole in. I have some used studs for bulbs from old gauges. Use the offf set rubber from the fuel light. Use the 60 mm dial face from the volt or temp gauge. Drill hole in face for low fuel light. Have face rescreened to match GT dial face. The only difference is there is no mounting studs on the back of case.

Pretty sure NHS can do all this for you if you have a used console gauge and this nos gauge.

Thanks 914Sixer.
I might pass on this one and aim to get one the correct 60mm size to start with.
Cheers
Craig
type47fan
QUOTE(crsedge @ Apr 28 2018, 09:25 PM) *

Craig,

Thanks 914Sixer.
I might pass on this one and aim to get one the correct 60mm size to start with.
Cheers
Craig

Here's a SAAB gauge and the first GT style gauge made for me by NHS in '05:

Click to view attachment

Subsequently, I sent it back to them to change the graphics and add the longer needle. I sent them the last SAAB gauge I had and they returned two, long needle fuel gauges to me:

Click to view attachment

This is one currently installed in my center console:

Click to view attachment

As of this date I have one long needle gauge remaining.
crsedge
QUOTE(type47fan @ May 1 2018, 04:25 AM) *

QUOTE(crsedge @ Apr 28 2018, 09:25 PM) *

Craig,

Thanks 914Sixer.
Cheers
Craig

Here's a SAAB gauge and the first GT style gauge made for me by NHS in '05:

Click to view attachment

Subsequently, I sent it back to them to add the longer needle:

Click to view attachment

This is it currently installed in my center console:

Click to view attachment

Thanks mate.

Exactly what i need- presume it isn't for sale? biggrin.gif
Martin Baker
I just had two of these Saab gauges converted by N Hollywood, it took six months and cost over $800 dollars. I have one I bought from Wayne, short needle version for sale. I will sell it for $350.00. It works perfect.

crsedge
QUOTE(Martin Baker @ May 1 2018, 06:14 AM) *

I just had two of these Saab gauges converted by N Hollywood, it took six months and cost over $800 dollars. I have one I bought from Wayne, short needle version for sale. I will sell it for $350.00. It works perfect.

PM sent
Martin Baker
Here is an FYI for everyone with a SAAB gauge. The movement in the SAAB VDO is different than the PORSCHE VDO Type. SAAB uses a swinging float with a different OHM range. PORSCHE sender is a tube type float. So the 60 MM housing is correct. That is about it...except for the glass...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.