Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 seat belt replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mxkinn01
Hello Everyone,
I have an entire interior kit coming from Mark and Scott at 914 rubber for a 73. While it's apart, I'm looking to replacing the seat beats as they don't match or work (retract) too well. It appears the drivers side was replaced with a newer model, maybe 924, 944 or WV something. What is everybody using as replacements and where to get them?

Thanks in advance
Mike
jcd914
Seatbelt planet comes up most often as far as I can tell.

There have been several threads on the replacements available.

Not stock but direct fit replacement or almost direct fit.

A few have required a shim I believe.

Jim
mxkinn01
Jim,
Thanks for the fast reply. Just looked at their website and they run about $240. At that price I'll give them a try. Hopefully they will be a direct bolt in.
914 RZ-1
+1 for setbeltplanet. I bought some for my '72. Retractable ones. The fit just fine and look good. People there are super nice and knowledgeable.
GeorgeRud
I see they also offered a rewebbing service (or a competitor of their’s does). If not, there’s another outfit called Safety Restore that offers rewebbing.
bbrock
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Apr 28 2018, 01:30 PM) *

I see they also offered a rewebbing service (or a competitor of their’s does). If not, there’s another outfit called Safety Restore that offers rewebbing.

They (Safety Restore) were recommended by somebody here on another thread. No personal experience but I plan to send my belts to them soon. Here's the link. https://www.safetyrestore.com/webbing-repla...eplacement.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.