Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car Shipper Needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Larmo63
Can anybody suggest a covered car carrier from Portland Oregon to San Clemente?

Are Intercity and/or Reliable really expensive?

I'm pretty sure we bought another 914.

Thank you.
Beach914
Lawrence you need another sixer for your new toy. I've got one for you. Plus those flares you've been dreamin about.....
914_7T3
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Apr 29 2018, 09:08 PM) *

Can anybody suggest a covered car carrier from Portland Oregon to San Clemente?

Are Intercity and/or Reliable really expensive?

I'm pretty sure we bought another 914.

Thank you.

Congrats, I want to hear all about it! Text me tomorrow, I have a referral for you.
GeorgeRud
I’ve used Reliable in the past and they were great. Give them and Intercity a call to get quotes - there’s a reason you see their trucks at all the big auctions as they are careful and trustworthy.
76-914
poke.gif Hopefully this one doesn't come with all of the whines that your current 914 had. lol-2.gif
Larmo63
This car is for my son, and he is making the decision right now whether he wants to buy it or not.

Stay tuned.
boxstr
If the new car runs and drives, fly up and drive it back. Could be a nice drive down the coast route.
Craig at CAMP
Larmo63
It has out of date tires on it. We may not have the time.
Beach914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Apr 30 2018, 07:35 AM) *

This car is for my son, and he is making the decision right now whether he wants to buy it or not.

Stay tuned.

Nice, you've raised him well.
Beach914
How do you want it shipped? Enclosed or open? If you have additional items loaded with it then you might want to consider enclosed. Ask me how I know.
I had a 308 quoted enclosed from Seattle down to LA a few years back and it was just under $1000
KELTY360
Try www.thefirststepisadmittingyouhaveaproblem.com

They can give you a list of excuses way better than blaming it on your son. biggrin.gif
burton73
QUOTE(boxstr @ Apr 30 2018, 08:03 AM) *

If the new car runs and drives, fly up and drive it back. Could be a nice drive down the coast route.
Craig at CAMP

Craig,

You got me a great deal on shipping of Duc’s Blue car many years ago from you ( Camp 914) to Los Angeles.

Do you have a lead for him.

Bob B
aggiezig
I quoted both Intercity and Reliable for a TX to Cali move last week. $1695 for my 914.

FWIW - Both are reputable brands, insured and enclosed trailers. I went through a nightmare with my M3 which was damaged during shipping. I used a no-name company to save $$ and of course he refused to cover the damage. Ended up going through my personal insurance and cost my deductible. It's worth the extra $ for a reputable carrier.

Either that, or rent a truck / trailer. (But, that's a long drive)
JRust
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Apr 30 2018, 07:06 AM) *

It has out of date tires on it. We may not have the time.

Put new tires on it & go to town. If not that. I might consider dragging it down. Give me call & we can talk about it. I'd rather just drive it down than tow it. Then fly home. How does it run?
Coondog
Man up.....Drive up there, rent a u haul trailer and tow it home...2 1/2 days max.
Larmo63
My son has the money, but he got a little caught up in the excitement of the car yesterday, slept on it, and now has decided to pass on it.

He just bought a second home last week, so he's a bit overwhelmed.

It's a great car, I'll go look for the link.....

Reliable quoted me $1595.00, btw.
mepstein
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Apr 30 2018, 05:02 PM) *

My son has the money, but he got a little caught up in the excitement of the car yesterday, slept on it, and now has decided to pass on it.

He just bought a second home last week, so he's a bit overwhelmed.

It's a great car, I'll go look for the link.....

Reliable quote me $1595.00, btw.

The better companies write up a very detailed list of all the little dings and scratches so when it arrives, you have proof of condition. Our shop customers only use the big names in the business. I just use the cheap guys because my cars are cheap.
Beach914
Nice car!
ValcoOscar
Congrats Larmo

I have my Route 66 trailer that you can borrow. Pulls beautifully .

Perfect size for 914's or 356's.

Let me know.

Oscar
Specracer
You get what you pay for with regard to transportation. I have used Reliable, Intercity, Passport, several "independents ", and even u ship. The cars they were all hauling range from 6 figure cars, to a 914 shell, so there does need to be some judgement as to the level of care needed. Making the assumption that this is a nice car, that you want taken care of, enclosed transport, with out hassle, and damage, I personally would call Reliable. I use them at least once or twice a year (or even some years more).
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Specracer @ May 1 2018, 03:06 AM) *

You get what you pay for with regard to transportation. I have used Reliable, Intercity, Passport, several "independents ", and even u ship. The cars they were all hauling range from 6 figure cars, to a 914 shell, so there does need to be some judgement as to the level of care needed. Making the assumption that this is a nice car, that you want taken care of, enclosed transport, with out hassle, and damage, I personally would call Reliable. I use them at least once or twice a year (or even some years more).

Be very very careful on U-ship, it's truly the wild west. We sold a C Coupe several years ago and the guy didn't want to use our shipper, he saved $100 by using some cowboy on U-Ship, who showed up in a converted motor home, that was full of furniture. He unloaded the furniture, loaded the car, and re-loaded the furniture.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.