Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche shops in Grant's Pass, OR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
confused24.gif What is so special with Grant's Pass that several P-car shops are located there. Does it remind people of the German countryside?

Gunnar said on this website that Bieker Engineering rebuilds all thier Webers for them. And I know there are several other shops.

http://www.biekerengineering.com/

What's up?

Paul
Joe Bob
Well THAT guy is a SmelLA transplant....he is semi retired and does machine work for his son who's still down there.

Maybe Grant's Pass has a lot rich folk?
Bleyseng
No local environmetal laws there, they still take the used motor oil to coat the gravel roads.

Nah, just kidding.

biggrin.gif

Beautiful area, going down the Rogue River on a raft is unforgetable especially is Miles was onboard screaming the whole way!
TravisNeff
It's becuase they filmed the First Blood/Rambo movie around there. Not much out there, lots of woods, mountains and such. Pretty place.
URY914
A 917 restorer in Grant's Pass: Copied from another site.

Mr. Polak sold "019" to an American collector and kept the LeMans winner, chassis "023" and the Sebring winner, chassis # "020". 917.020 has been meticulously rebuilt and restored by Robert Hatchman Autocraft of Grants Pass, Oregon with all the mechanicals being restored by Gustav Nitsche, Vasek Polak's ex-Porsche Factory Team engineer. There are no finer sports-prototype racing cars than the Porsche 917. This coupe, with its Sebring Twelve Hour Victory and immaculate preparation is, arguably, the finest 917 today.
grantsfo
Its a car town. My Dad lives there and hot rods are real big there too. He has a beautiful 32 Ford with a nice 302 V8. I always see nice VW's and a few nice Porsches there when I'm visiting. I'm always amazed at the resources he has when ever he needs machine work, etc.

Grants Pass is one of those low cost high quality of living places. Housing is still afordable, Rogue river runs right through the town. Lots of Californians have cashed out of their homes here and moved to that area.
bondo
Hehe, I'm going to be up there next week.. are those 917s on display anywhere? smile.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Jun 8 2005, 09:39 AM)
No local environmetal laws there, they still take the used motor oil to coat the gravel roads.

Nah, just kidding.

biggrin.gif

Beautiful area, going down the Rogue River on a raft is unforgetable especially is Miles was onboard screaming the whole way!

...Nah they caught up with them there too! My dad was b!tching about how he couldnt use good paint on his paint job due to all the enviromental regulations there.
BMartin914
Quality of life? confused24.gif
Rand
I grew up about 20 miles from Grants Pass. Awesome dirt bike country!

Funny Geoff, when I was a kid they did spread oil on the dirt logging roads.
Bleyseng
Rand, I said that cuz I remember it too. Hmmm, the smell of fresh used motor oil on the logging roads in the summer............ barf.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE (URY914 @ Jun 8 2005, 09:27 AM)
confused24.gif What is so special with Grant's Pass that several P-car shops are located there. Does it remind people of the German countryside?

Gunnar said on this website that Bieker Engineering rebuilds all thier Webers for them. And I know there are several other shops.

http://www.biekerengineering.com/

What's up?

Paul

Old Harry is a really nice guy. Ever been to his place? You got to check it out if you can. He has carb stuff NO ONE else has. He is an amazing guy when it comes to rebuilding carbs. Got a few people I know who won't use anyone but him.

Warning though, he is in his 80's now I beleive and probably won't be doing this for too much longer. Couple of guys I know have had a stash of carbs rebuilt by him, made to 46's ect recently.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.