Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Might as well introduce myself :)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jos.hall
I've been on the forum a few years lurking as well as peddling the occasional hoard of parts. I even had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Evil when I lived in Ohio and was selling a stash (Brian Marks, if you read this I may need some of those parts biggrin.gif ).

Even though I've bought and sold VW/Porsche parts for years the longest I've owned a Porsche was 24 hours (It was a '66 912). Anyways, after moving out here to Southern California and settling in, I've managed to start acquiring vehicles and most recently I finally purchased a little 914. I'm sure you Riverside area guys saw this car posted on OfferUp but after it sat a while I finally couldn't handle it any more and had to pull the trigger.

It's officially a turd and will probably be dubbed the Poorsche but I kind of like being the black sheep. My only plans at this point are to get it running, go through the mechanicals, electrics, the rubbers and safety items and then drive the piss out of it. Of all it's hideousness the house carpeting bothers me the most so that will probably have to go first.

Anyways here come a few pics for your pleasure piratenanner.gif

Oh and my name is Jos shades.gif

jos.hall
somehow I've gotta figure out how to make these photos smaller file size so I can post more than one. Anyone have a trick?

jos.hall
All four tires were flat so the tow truck driver had to get creative pulling it out.
jos.hall
After using every chain he had linked together we drug it about 60 ft.
jos.hall
Thanks to AAA Gold I didn't pay a dime for the tow smilie_pokal.gif
73-914
welcome.png
congrats
jos.hall
Unfortunately, I'm an idiot and was so excited about buying the teener and that AAA would tow it (even though I don't think he was technically supposed to), I forgot to take off the targa top. So.... less than 300 ft. onto the 215 south from San Bernardino the top went flying into traffic and was immediately ran over by the next 3 cars. headbang.gif I'm just thankful nobody behind got hurt.

Anyways, anyone local have an extra top they wanna sell cheap?
jos.hall
The PO said it ran when he parked it (they all did, right???). I guess the reason he parked it was because he was having brake issues. He had a guy come over to replace the pads and the guy could never figure out how to adjust the rear brakes. The owner apparently moved on and it has sat since '96 or so I'm led to believe

jos.hall
As a result there's a little clean up to be done.
jos.hall
Before any work gets done though, I've got to either finish or get rid of two vehicles.

1st on the list is the '81 caddy diesel.

jos.hall
The other vehicle that needs a decision made on is my '68 beetle. I bought it when I was 14 and have had it for 20 years. I'm torn because part of me wants to keep my first car but the other part of me is not attached to it. I'd rather a '67 or an oval that I can build an old school cal look car out of.
Hopefully, I'll be able to sell the truck and the beetle in the next couple weeks and move on to the 914. I've always wanted an aircooled Porsche even if it is a NARP. driving.gif

rick 918-S
Although you have been around so since 15. welcome.png
ConeDodger
welcome.png
carking1996
Welcome!
jim_hoyland
welcome.png Good luck ! You are going to have fun going through the entire car and will really have fun when you go for that first drive. Keep us posted.... smile.gif
Coondog
Welcome, those two cars will sale quick. KMA 628, vintage LA County SO station identifier frame. Worth at least $ 25.00. Car belonged to retired cop or someone who thought it would get them out of a ticket.

Call Vince, 760 600-6297. He is up in Hesperia. Lots of 914 parts.
sb914
welcome.png "San bernadino". your close to Bruce stone! He'll have tons of parts you'll need
tygaboy
QUOTE(jos.hall @ Apr 30 2018, 03:37 AM) *

Thanks to AAA Gold I didn't pay a dime for the tow smilie_pokal.gif

Welcome, welcome! And let's start off by awarding you the "Holy Crap, That Really is the Flattest Tire EVER" trophy!

Now, get on with the resto and keep the pics coming!
Dr Evil
You poor bastard. Wow wink.gif
Andyrew
Nice project!

Resize in ifranview (program) Or change the picture quality on your phone all the way down.
11tenths
Sweet- You have the super rare "904 Competition" single wiper option!

aktion035.gif

-HB
11tenths
Click to view attachment

Cheers- HB
Elliot Cannon
PM me if you decide to sell the Caddy. Good luck with the car and Bruce Stone is the guy to go to for parts and he is in Riverside close by.
burton73
I had a 81 VW pick up brand new. Loved it.

WElcome. welcome.png welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.