Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ITB's under the rain tray?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jhadler
Hi all,

A question to those who have gone with independent throttle body injection. Were you able to fit the whole intake system under the rain tray? The rules in my class won't permit the removal of the rain try, but will allow any intake plumbing my imagination and wallet can conspire to create.

The setup I'm contemplating is this:

CB performance intake manifolds, cleaners and linkage. TWM throttle bodies with 2" extension adapters (because the air cleaners won't fit any other way).

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Oh, and the reason I'm going with ITB injection is I need to keep the top of the motor clear for the electric fan conversion...

Thanks!

-Josh2
SirAndy
QUOTE (jhadler @ Jun 8 2005, 10:35 AM)
Were you able to fit the whole intake system under the rain tray?

those systems are no different then carbs (size-wise).
unless you go with ultra long intake manifolds or super high air-filters, there should be plenty of space under the rain-tray ...

wink.gif Andy
TravisNeff
I had a 914 that the PO had the battery tray replaced, they put it in sideways. The car didn't have a rain tray, so I put one in & couldn't close the lid. So I heated up the tray corner with a torch and slammed the lid down and pressed a little more on that corner. Countoured to the corner of the battery and with pressing a little more gave me clearance around the battery.

From what Andy says this shouldn't be an issue, but the heat and form idea works great if you need to make room.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.