Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 73 914-4 Ignition Assembly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ThinAir
Looking for the mechanical part of the stock key ignition. worn key is okay as long as assembly reliably engages the electrical part of the switch so that the starter is engaged.
tweet
Ernie,
Have you checked the electrical switch itself? They crack at the top and this will cause false/failed starts. If your electrical switch is okay, we can take care of whatever issues you may be having with the lock itself.
Regards,
Alicia and Dan
ThinAir
QUOTE(tweet @ Apr 30 2018, 02:12 PM) *

Ernie,
Have you checked the electrical switch itself? They crack at the top and this will cause false/failed starts. If your electrical switch is okay, we can take care of whatever issues you may be having with the lock itself.
Regards,
Alicia and Dan

Dan -
You worked on this one just before the hurricane last year. This was apparently the best of the 3 that I sent you, but I recall that you said even it was not in good shape. I'm open to sending you another one if you think you can work some magic, but I'm about at the point of installing a "start button" somewhere under the dash. It's a brand new German electrical piece and I can get it to work by wiggling the key around so I'm pretty sure the problem is mechanical.
Ernie
tweet
QUOTE(ThinAir @ Apr 30 2018, 08:29 PM) *

QUOTE(tweet @ Apr 30 2018, 02:12 PM) *

Ernie,
Regards,
Alicia and Dan

Dan -
You worked on this one just before the hurricane last year. This was apparently the best of the 3 that I sent you, but I recall that you said even it was not in good shape. I'm open to sending you another one if you think you can work some magic, but I'm about at the point of installing a "start button" somewhere under the dash. It's a brand new German electrical piece and I can get it to work by wiggling the key around so I'm pretty sure the problem is mechanical.
Ernie

Hello Ernie,
Yes,
I remember now. It was quite an challenge. We will follow up with you via email.
Regards,
Alicia and Dan
914work
is this what you are after?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.