Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuchs shipping cost and packaging
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sean_v8_914
1 box? 2 boxes? 4 individual boxes? fed ex home delivery? USPS? UPS?

I am shipping 4 FUCHS from san diego to GA. they are super cherry cream puff magically delicious and i want it to stay that way. please advise me oh great collective of 914 wiz dum
tygaboy
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Apr 30 2018, 03:12 PM) *

1 box? 2 boxes? 4 individual boxes? fed ex home delivery? USPS? UPS?

I am shipping 4 FUCHS from san diego to GA. they are super cherry cream puff magically delicious and i want it to stay that way. please advise me oh great collective of 914 wiz dum

I shipped 4 Enki wheels using 2 boxes. A bit of padding and you should be all set.
I shipped UPS ground but didn't check other options.
mepstein
I send Fuchs x-country all the time. Buy the medium size, heavy duty boxes at home depot. put some wrapping around each wheel, between the wheels and top and bottom of the box. 2 wheels per box. Lots of tape. Should cost about $120 for 4 wheels from fedex.

USPS will be double $.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 30 2018, 07:38 PM) *

I send Fuchs x-country all the time. Buy the medium size, heavy duty boxes at home depot. put some wrapping around each wheel, between the wheels and top and bottom of the box. 2 wheels per box. Lots of tape. Should cost about $120 for 4 wheels from fedex.

USPS will be double $.

Exactly - I have shipped several sets , packed same way - just put one layer of bubble wrap on each end and double pieces of cardboard in between, then use the plastic wrap and box , with stuffing in the corners. FedEx is best price probably $50/box , that what it cost me the last sets I shipped out .
gandalf_025
Go to a local tire store And see if they have any boxes from wheels
That were sent to them... Find a few that fit your wheels. No need
to reinvent the wheel....
rhodyguy
Try a tire store. For 15" wheels get boxes for 17"s. Then wrap the wheels with bubble wrap ( I buy it at my local Uhaul).The ones I get, Les Shwaub, pack 2 to a box. Super strong boxes. IIRC, it was $30-40 per box via FedEx. Opt for the ins upgrade, pretty cheap.
napasteve
Back in 2015 I shipped Brad Mayeur 5 4-lug Fuchs with bolts in one box via FedEx Ground. Brad got them in fine shape. Note lots of bubble pack and double cardboard walls.

Click to view attachment
sean_v8_914
exactly what i needed. thank you for the price and packaging advice. i hope this thread helps some folks here also...other than me and super90 wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.