Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beck's 904
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott
Just thought I'd share the article in Kit Car Builder Magazine about Beck's 904. At least the pictures, I don;t know if the written part will come through or not. Here you go.
Scott
next
Scott
and
Scott
Last
Scott
Hey Jake...this is in you neck of the woods (Braselton, GA).
rick 918-S
Is that the one that was in "Carl's Place" in Vegas? We got to check one out while we were getting ready toleave for the WCC "05"
URY914
QUOTE (Scott @ Jun 8 2005, 09:55 AM)
Hey Jake...this is in you neck of the woods (Braselton, GA).

That's the home of Road Atlanta. More or less Flowery Branch, Ga.
Howard
IMHO 2nd prettiest Porsche ever. Here's the winner. On eBay now, but it's a taildragger on mod VW chassis. Damn.
RS60
Scott
Here's McMichael Motorsports site but no content about the 904 yet.

www.mcmichaelmotorsports.com
sixnotfour
Too Funny ,same article is in Excellence mag. Too
MarkG
There was a Beck's 550 Spyder at the car show in Denver last Sunday; very nice car....wouldn't mind having one if they had a top.
seanery
i believe the top is an option.
BMartin914
That 904 was in Excellence last month.

The 550 at ACC was nice, should have had a bigger motor though.
Hawktel
In Vegas, in the Ceaser's Palace Forums shop, in the Exotic cars store they have a 550 for sale/display.

Its a neat car. Had it parked next to a newer Lambo. I bet that along dropped the price on the Lambo by 5%.
Rand
wub.gif Love the 550... in black...
user posted image

I've never seen one with a top, but a nice low profile removable hard top would be sweet. Maybe shaped similar to this 356 custom...
user posted image
Root_Werks
I swing by Park Place ltd. in Bellevue every once in a while. They have the "New" 550's there with 2300cc engines in them. drooley.gif I would love one, but not at $36k. I would take an early 986 for $18k first.
Rick_Eberle
That 356 Custom is built on a 914/6 chassis...
Verruckt
QUOTE (Howard @ Jun 8 2005, 12:07 PM)
IMHO 2nd prettiest Porsche ever.  Here's the winner.  On eBay now, but it's a taildragger on mod VW chassis.  Damn.
RS60

My second favorite P-car (check the avatar). I saw that too. Love it. I could never afford a 'real' one, but who knows, maybe a plastic one may work. idea.gif
Rand
Dan,
Park Place is a favorite stop for me and my son! Kinda like a sports car museum.
I won't be buying a real 550, but the kits are much cheaper. It would be cool to put a six in one! I love how the rear section tips back and you have complete access to the engine, tranny, suspension...
jd74914
QUOTE (Rand @ Jun 8 2005, 07:29 PM)
I won't be buying a real 550, but the kits are much cheaper. It would be cool to put a six in one! I love how the rear section tips back and you have complete access to the engine, tranny, suspension...

Thats the part that I like (and the smooth lines of course)

My Dad wants to build one but we never will because I'm over 6'2", and he's over 6'4" so we would need to wear glasses to drive. Not cool dry.gif
rhodyguy
the beck car needs an american v-8. one shot of the interior shown in Excellence pictures the drivers door. the passenger side door the release assembly looks like the ones in our cars. no sign of a window handle.

k
VegasRacer
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jun 8 2005, 09:56 AM)
Is that the one that was in "Carl's Place" in Vegas? We got to check one out while we were getting ready to leave for the WCC "05"

Nope. That one is still in the shop. In fact, I saw it yesterday. However, it is getting very close to being done.

Carl bought it as a roller from Avanti / Beck for $40K under the pretext that all you had to do was drop in a motor and tranny. So far, he says he has almost 500 hours in it fixing everyting that was fucked up.

BTW - there is still one last 904 kit for sale.
Anybody wanna buy a good looking headache?
Howard
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jun 9 2005, 07:50 AM)

You know my first wife? mueba.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE (Howard @ Jun 9 2005, 06:53 AM)
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jun 9 2005, 07:50 AM)

You know my first wife? mueba.gif

laugh.gif That's exactly what I thought! lol2.gif lol2.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE (Rand @ Jun 8 2005, 04:29 PM)
Dan,
Park Place is a favorite stop for me and my son! Kinda like a sports car museum.

Yeah, I have stared at them for quite a while thinking a six would fit nicely under there. happy11.gif

You know, I was offered a job there a year ago. I was going to be thier Porsche Mech as well as the Lotus Mech. Like a dumb-ass, I opt'd to keep my corp. desk job. My start date with them would have been March 15th or so of 2004, so just over a year ago. I still think I made a mistake of not taking the job. sad.gif
rhodyguy
having been trapped at pp for a few hours, i think you made the smart move dan. minis were the seafair cars one year. pp must have had 20 of them, all with less than 500 miles. not one of them came with a warranty, either implied of expressed.

k
BIGKAT_83
That was Becks 904 I posted pictures of a month ago at the Road Atlanta Year one experiance. He also had another Kit car there that was BAD ASS. It set the fasted 0-60 mph times in the high 2 sec and low 3 sec.

Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.