Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I DID IT!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Andyrew
Yes now you all know im young. Lol. I have not needed a license for a while, and since I have to pay my own insureance (on top of everything else) I did not want one, but now its Auto x time!! Oh ya you all want to know how I did eh? 1 point wrong, one lousy point.. The only comment? "Good Drive!" Now you all wont be scared of me on those 914 runs laugh.gif .

I feel good, na na na na na na na dance.gif
Bleyseng
Damn fine good job, attaboy, way to go yes siree bob!

Geoff
urbanskater
Hey congrats, lol i havent even gotten mine yet, oh well. I'm in the same position you're in, kinda sucks doing a restoration project when your only making $6.75 an hour. Lets see some pics of yer car, and how old are you?
Andyrew
Well, your listening to a 16 year old right? I dont even have a job..

Oh and check your email.

I'll post some pics in a sec..

Andrew
Jeroen
Hey Andrew,

Congrats on the licence!
Be careful out there and enjoy it MDB2.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
dan10101
He is carefull. Very carefull.
Congratulations Andrew. clap56.gif smilie_flagge24.gif aktion035.gif
Now make us proud by keeping all the hotrodding on the track. driving.gif

(Don't do like your dumb old Dad) blink.gif
Drums66
Ya did good kid............now just drive responsibly laugh.gif
redshift
pray.gif

God is my copilot, unless he sleeps late.

happy11.gif

Be safe.

M
Joe Bob
NO, you can NOT date my daughters...... finger.gif
Jeff Krieger
To a 16 or 17 year old, the 914 must seem like a real antique. How did you guys get interested in them? You couldn't have seen too many around now that they're ~ 30 years old.
Andyrew
Thanks guys,

[/QUOTE]
How did you guys get interested in them? [QUOTE]

Well, My father has been auto x ing and doing time trials for a couple of years (yes dan10101 is my dad) and I wanted something I that could keep up with him at the auto x, something not everyone has, and something with some potential. I saw a few 914's for a while, and I wanted either a 69 Mustang (weekend drag car), or a 914 (auto xer). Well this deal fell into my hands..
PatW
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jul 11 2003, 05:16 PM)

Well, My father has been auto x ing and doing time trials for a couple of years . Well this deal fell into my hands..

You Dad is very cool. You'll learn a lot from AutoX'ing your 914 and perhaps a little about yourself too.

If I had to do It all over again. I'd pass on Detroit Iron and drive a 914

Pat
tod914
I hope that 1 point wasnt because you were going around the track the wrong way smilie_pokal.gif congrads!! hf and be safe
Andyrew
I hope that 1 point wasnt because you were going around the track the wrong way  congrads!! hf and be safe

No, I think I hit a cone wink.gif
Joe Bob
My first 914 was nicknamed, "Cone Killer"....
Qarl
Woohoo! Congrats!

beerchug.gif beer.gif beer3.gif

Ummm... maybe that isn't the best advice!

Okay... go take the top off and go for a night cruise on the highway!

Listen to the sweet sound of your engine!

Congrats again!

My first car when I was 16 was a 914 too!
VegasRacer
I wish more young (and old) drivers would take an interest in auto Xing, or any other form of driving school/exercise, that will better teach them how their car preforms and what the limits are. Killing cones is fun. But it can also make you a safer driver on the street, when your life is on the line every time you put on your seat belt.

Congratulations Andyrew. MDB2.gif
72Signal914
I got my 914 when I was 15 from my uncle and fell in love with it. I remember the first real drive the day I got my license.................ran out of gas. Just fill it up when it passes 1/4 tank so you don't run into my problem.

Oh, ain't it fun learning stick on a 914

Congrats
Andyrew
Okay... go take the top off and go for a night cruise on the highway!

Listen to the sweet sound of your engine!

I wish, the cars up on jacks, and im tending it daily.. I'll see if I can go for a drive in the track 951..

when your life is on the line every time you put on your seat belt.

Thats why im using good seatbelts biggrin.gif (black simpson 5 point camlocks)

Oh, ain't it fun learning stick on a 914

I didnt learn to shift on a 914 sad.gif , I learned on my dads track 951 tongue.gif
vortrex
cool...now go out right away and see how fast you can get your 914 up to on the local streets.
Scott Carlberg
Andrew,
congrats on passing your DL test pray.gif

Even at 16, and well before that, this *sickness* as some have put it, bit
this kid, and bit him well.
Growing up with a dad that has multiple 944 Turbo's around the house, you'd
think he'd want something with Water, you know?

Don't worry Andrew, I won't say anything about the Subaru conversion you're
thinking about doing cool_shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.