Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Under Heuliez’s Murene lies one of the first 914s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Steve
Curious how much of the original chassis is there? Looks like stock front hood and headlights. Is it just plastics add-ons? Looks like a 914 mated with a Peugeot
mb911
It sure is fugly.. For that kind of money I would be looking for a carrera GT.
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Apr 30 2018, 04:46 PM) *

It sure is fugly.. For that kind of money I would be looking for a carrera GT.

For some people, that's used miata money.
pete000
More pictures here, for sure a real 914-6 under there !

I would love to know the vin number being a 1969 build.

https://www.artcurial.com/en/lot-1969-porsc...eserve-2138-213
burton73
Porsche serial number 1300005, showing that the base is one of the pre-series cars which came off the production line very early. It has a flat six 1,991cc engine, number 6191814

From the link you gave.

Bob B
SixerJ
I wonder who from this design team was wandering around the Paris / whererever it was auto show.... dry.gif And saw the 914 lovechild prototype https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matra_Baghe...and_development
Retroracer
..and you thought engine access on a regular 914 was limited? Can you imagine (for instance) checking the timing on that thing.....

- Tony
GeorgeRud
Isn’t that the 914-6 designed by Count Goetz? There were several rebodies of the chassis, with the Tapiro being the most graceful, though not very Porsche-like, but much more Italian styled.

No, it is the Murene after all!
1970 Neun vierzehn
From the January 1971 issue of R&T:"Heuliez's special VW-Porsche 914 "Murene" 2-place coupe (designer J. Cooper, but not the J. Cooper, we trust) looked better in photos than the metal"

The car was shown at the Paris Salon (car show) and the R&T article included 2 photos of the car.

What a terrible waste of a 914 chassis.
SirAndy
QUOTE(pete000 @ Apr 30 2018, 11:24 AM) *
1969 Prototype 914-6

Also, it wasn't build on a prototype chassis but rather on a very early production /6 chassis.
shades.gif
Johny Blackstain
That dashboard caught my eye... I kinda like it smilie_pokal.gif shades.gif
billh1963
Very interesting article on the fate of one of the first 914-6's...

Fate of early 914-6
DRPHIL914
interesting but icon8.gif barf.gif NOT an improvement, AND the reference to the Gugelot car is after all false according to Ferry and Ferdinand Porsche - I get sick and tired of seeing that - lazy reporting - but interesting to see this is what happened to one of the first 914-6's - sad as it is IMHO
SirAndy
QUOTE(billh1963 @ May 1 2018, 08:22 AM) *
Very interesting article on the fate of one of the first 914-6's...
Fate of early 914-6

Merged with the other topic on the front page about the same car ...
shades.gif
SirAndy
And here is a short video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeYOILf6QXI

fixer34
Anyone else notice the picture of the engine bay seems to be reversed? Battery on left side, oil tank on right, air horn pointing the wrong way...
IronHillRestorations
Looks better monochromatic than two tone, which I think detracts from the (ahem) unique styling
gms
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Mar 24 2020, 05:09 PM) *

Anyone else notice the picture of the engine bay seems to be reversed? Battery on left side, oil tank on right, air horn pointing the wrong way...

Just a mirror image...fixed it

Click to view attachment

It is a normal left drive

Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
Excellent parts car. smile.gif
ClayPerrine

Shhhh...nobody is supposed to notice that. It is the one off right hand drive prototype from Porsche.

poke.gif
914_7T3
It's available at auction right now at P Car Market:

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/1970-porsche-914-6-5/

Bidding currently at $70k
wonkipop
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 25 2020, 12:46 PM) *

Shhhh...nobody is supposed to notice that. It is the one off right hand drive prototype from Porsche.

poke.gif

secrets out now, its the australian version 914, a ute designed so your dog doesn't get wet.
smile.gif

ps - i have got a date booked to see my old friend u and b her husband with the red 6.
we are all going for a drive with the 356 club. but looks like everyone is locked down here to within 5 ks of home for the forseable short term future until vax program is completed.
i'll take some photos of the red 6 when i do. the car the aus distributor had here dating from 1970-71 and reported to have come in via japan already right hand drive.
if it was a rhd car from the factory, its more like the 916s and was done in the race workshop. be of interest to some of the history 914/6 buffs. at least it does not look like the aussie ute version now in france. poke.gif
rhodyguy
It looks better in solid white rather than the odd 2 tone. In IG or silver would change the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.