Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It pays to research and look for the best price on parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
raynekat
For example, 914.512.041.11, the rear trunk latch.

On eBay, you'll find it for $169.95 and $14.20 shipping new.
Our local dealer Sunset will give it to you for a mere $118.10.
That's a savings of almost 36% on a new factory part.

Pays to do a little looking for sure.

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
I have always said try Porsche first. Lots of dealers will to help on the price.
dakotaewing
That part is available replated and in very good condition from one of the members here for a lot less than the lowest price you are qouting...
RickS
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ May 1 2018, 04:36 PM) *

That part is available replated and in very good condition from one of the members here for a lot less than the lowest price you are qouting...

That’s good to know. Does he also carry most 914 parts like the dealer too? If so, who is this human?
mepstein
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ May 1 2018, 07:36 PM) *

That person would be Garold. I purchased one. Looks brand new. I think he charged $45.

I also agree with checking with your local dealer. I buy a lot of small parts there. No shipping charge so I can buy a $3 part and it only cost $3, not $10. Shipping is usually overnight or 2 days. Porsche has a policy that you can return within 7 days for free. Since the dealership is 2 miles from work it’s a good option.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.