Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Source for seat vinyl
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bulldog9
Sometime back one of the list members, possibly a vendor was advertising that they had material to cover your own seats. The pattern matched the Porsche pattern or something very similar and you could buy it in bulk. Does anyone remember who that was? Or where I can get that? I'm at the place now where I need to address my upholstery and I want to recover the bottom rear seat pads with this material and then get a seat kit for the front seats. This is for my 912e.
Tom_T
Bulldog,

Thanx for your service .... 101st Airborne.

I think that Autos International in Fallbrook CA, World Upholstery in Ventura CA, & Lakewell.com in Belgium all carry 912E upholstery kits, as would most of the other upholstery shops who do that era 911/930 who advertise in Panorama & Excellence magazines. They're all online, & shipping from Europe is not much more time & probably the same cost from CA for you.

Even though you may only need rear bottoms, you may not be able to get a good enough match to the original material (Leather or Leatherette) on the new stuff, & they all sell them as full kits - not by piece - anyway IIRC. They also do sell in bulk fabric, but ask how much you'll need for your car.

So you might as well get the full kit or bulk fabric enough to redo everything at some point, in order to have them all match (including door, dash & side panels, etc.).

914Rubber may also sell the bulk fabric (but only 914 kits), but I don't know how that material matches up with that used in the 912E, since they were Stuttgart built - not Karmann built (which was more VW aligned OEMs).

Also Auto Atlanta, Stoddards, Sierra Madre Collection may also sell kits too.

If you're handy, you can probably reupholster with the kits yourself, or a quality local sho can do so with either the kits or bulk fabric.

Post some before & after pix when you get done!

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
ConeDodger
Just a small correction and not really relevant but 914Rubber also has 944 seat centers which are the common wear area for them.
mb911
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 1 2018, 06:47 PM) *

Just a small correction and not really relevant but 914Rubber also has 944 seat centers which are the common wear area for them.

That is good to know.. Where is that listed on the site?
rfinegan
Good to know, I find myself in need of two brown 944 seat bottoms
EdwardBlume
I have more than enough for 2 seats if you are interested. Original basket weave. PM me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.