Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trunk Troubles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aircooledfool
I picked up a '74 today and have begun to look at how rusty the car is. For sure the floor boards are gone and I suspect it will get worse the more I look. Hopefully, it won't be too bad to save since it is a matching numbers car in a great color, Alaskan Blue Metallic. The front trunk pull is completely gone from the interior and the rear had a electric lock with a PORSCHE reflector over the key hole. My question is how can I get the trunk lids open?
914 RZ-1
QUOTE(Aircooledfool @ May 2 2018, 06:54 PM) *

I picked up a '74 today and have begun to look at how rusty the car is. For sure the floor boards are gone and I suspect it will get worse the more I look. Hopefully, it won't be too bad to save since it is a matching numbers car in a great color, Alaskan Blue Metallic. The front trunk pull is completely gone from the interior and the rear had a electric lock with a PORSCHE reflector over the key hole. My question is how can I get the trunk lids open?

Take the front bumper off. There is a hole in the front of the body near the middle you can stick a tool in to trigger the latch. Bring your patience.

For the rear, there are those plastic cups that are for the roof latches to go in when you take the top off and store it in the trunk. They are in front of the rear trunk. You can go through there but it's a long reach. I had a small hole in my rear panel near the latch that I used to put a wire in and trigger the latch. I too had a Porsche reflector but I took it off before I locked the lid closed.

Hopefully someone else when chime in with other solutions. Good luck!
jcd914
Some of the rear reflector installation used a pull cable for the release instead of an electric solenoid.
The cable could be next to the drivers seat a little above the pull release for the engine lid.
It could also be in the engine compartment.

Some people have also added an emergency release cable the hangs down under that rear truck directly below the latch.

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.