Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering wheel options for 76 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chucktone
Hi all,

As a first time 914 owner, I'm loving the car though need to do something about the steering wheel. I'm 6'2" and my legs are in the way of the stock wheel on my 76 2.0.

It looks like my best option might be a Momo wheel, with a 350 mm diameter. What else do I need to buy, other than the adapter?

Chuck
Steve
Pick up a Momo adapter and JWest offset. It raises the steering wheel for more leg room and makes it easier to see the gauges with a smaller wheel.
Coondog
QUOTE(Steve @ May 3 2018, 12:55 PM) *

Pick up a Momo adapter and JWest offset. It raises the steering wheel for more leg room and makes it easier to see the gauges with a smaller wheel.

agree.gif I have this exact set up. JWest offset makes a big difference.
Dion
Good luck with the wheel install & welcome.png
Chucktone
Thanks for the recommendations. They sound easier than having my legs shortened.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
that is it, and the correct size for you. Just the adapter and the wheel, (the adapter comes with the horn button, but at one time momo made a porshe crest horn button which would be nice to have.) Make sure you save your original wheel though

QUOTE(Chucktone @ May 3 2018, 11:19 AM) *

Hi all,

As a first time 914 owner, I'm loving the car though need to do something about the steering wheel. I'm 6'2" and my legs are in the way of the stock wheel on my 76 2.0.

It looks like my best option might be a Momo wheel, with a 350 mm diameter. What else do I need to buy, other than the adapter?

Chuck

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.