Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Riviera Wheel Weight?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Costa05
Just seeing if anyone knows off the top of your head the difference in weight. The Riviera wheel is the original style 15" x 6" 4 lug
The Fuchs are original 15" x 5.5". 4 lug

Thanks in advance. I did try searching but found nothing on the Riviera and maybe 13 lbs each on the Fuchs???
914werke
Riviera's were/are 5.5" not 6.
Larmo63
Rivieras are fugly.

There, I said it.
SO.O.C914er
Don’t mind Larmo he has a hard time being nice and doesn’t play well with others in the sandbox stirthepot.gif
burton73
When I was 25 I liked the look of the Riviera’s but that was a long time ago and when I see postings of guys that have cracked wheels it says that cast wheels are just not that strong.

A good set of Fuchs will be like money in the bank. You will not lose on them if real and forged is stronger.

Bob B
thelogo
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 3 2018, 08:02 PM) *

Rivieras are fugly.

There, I said it.

Then man just states the facts .

I forbid you to run riveras
My car was sold to me with them and 8 year old tires .

They are 2 to 3x heavier and weaker then 4b fuchs

Whenever i see a 914 or bug with rivs i laugh at the poor sob

I sold the ones off my car

With bolts for 125 bucks that was 8 years ago
Mueller
QUOTE(Costa05 @ May 3 2018, 05:26 PM) *

Just seeing if anyone knows off the top of your head the difference in weight. The Riviera wheel is the original style 15" x 6" 4 lug

Thanks in advance. I did try searching but found nothing on the Riviera and maybe 13 lbs each on the Fuchs???

I would say the Rivieras are 4 to 5 pounds heavier than a 2.0 Fuchs.
Larmo63
They are heavier AND fugly.

I just calls 'em as I sees 'em.

My goal in life is to eliminate every Riviera wheel and every aftermarket exterior mirror off of every 914 in the world.

(some non stock mirrors are okay, most not)
Andyrew
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 4 2018, 07:41 AM) *

I think they were about 18-20lbs. I remember spending WAY to much time polishing mine when I first bought the car.
porschetub
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 5 2018, 03:34 AM) *

QUOTE(Mueller @ May 4 2018, 07:41 AM) *

I think they were about 18-20lbs. I remember spending WAY to much time polishing mine when I first bought the car.

I had a set on my 66 Bug ,I remember they were bloody heavy.
I agree with larmo63 but think they look ok on a beetle not a 914.
Costa05
As always you get what you ask for. Unfiltered and humorous. Punt on the whole Riviera thought and move on!

Thanks
Rich
Rav914
QUOTE(thelogo @ May 3 2018, 11:15 PM) *

I sold the ones off my car

With bolts for 125 bucks that was 8 years ago

You were able to sell yours??? I had to PAY the dump to take mine.
SO.O.C914er
They came with my 73 back in 1980 removed them shortly after. But if someone likes them let it roll. driving.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Rivs were not "original"
Chris914n6
Rounded to 16 lbs on my bathroom scale.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.