Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help identifying hardware packets?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jcd914
I have several hardware packets that came with my.
I didn't take the car apart, I didn't buy the hardware and I don't know where they were purchased.

Any and all insight would be appreciated!

Click to view attachment

Thanks
Jim
76-914
Looks like some of the kits that were offered here once. I believe her name was Cary and her handle A&Pgirl or something like that. Regardless, those are all parts for rebuilding your door/window mechanism. beerchug.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Yep. A&P girl. Calls (called)her company 914 central! Haven't seen her post in a long time. Not a huge loss.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ May 5 2018, 11:58 AM) *

Yep. A&P girl. Calls (called)her company 914 central! Haven't seen her post in a long time. Not a huge loss.

She no longer exists in 914World. Maybe changed her screen name and lurks. Regardless, she bought from McMaster-Carr and put together those packets. Obviously, the guy you bought the project from thought her stuff was useful. She was always on the edge of a toxic meltdown over something. She’s not the first A&P to be 1/2 a mm away from a stroke-out here on world.
jcd914
I remember A&P girl, never bought from her, well not directly.

So in the picture there are 3 bags marked "guide rail".
What guide rail is being refenced?

I always thought the advantage of the hardware packets she sold was you would have just what you need and wouldn't have to spend time figuring out the hardware.
I guess that only works if you know what the label means.

Thanks
Jim
altitude411
QUOTE(jcd914 @ May 5 2018, 10:08 AM) *

So in the picture there are 3 bags marked "guide rail".
What guide rail is being refenced?

Jim

maybe of some help. Download the PET https://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf/origi...914_KATALOG.pdf here are the pages for reference...

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.