Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WRX 1.125 coolant lines behind the rocker pannels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ruby914
I have been putting this off for years but someone backing in to me in a parking lot motivated me to do some work on the car. I wanted the gates 1.25 green stripe out from under the car so I could lower the car with out concern of speed bumps hitting the hose. I also wanted to keep my hearer and defrost. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Chris H.
So you went for it? Looks great so far! Would love to see more pics when you get a chance. Is that 1" silicone?
ruby914
This is where it got tricky. I didn't want the hose to kink and I wanted to keep water out of the car. I welded muffler tube thru and made form fit clamps to prevent kinks and keep the water out. Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
ruby914
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Federal 1.125 3 ply silicone.
ruby914
This is the passenger side. I went back and extended the clamp to include the vertical support that really only is needed to keep water from hitting the hose and running down into the car. That is, if the clamp doesn't prevent water from interring the car. The clamp attaches to what will be a rain gutter, channeling water from the rear wheel well around the hose entrance.
Then I also made some mud flap type covers that go between the rocker panel and wheel well. Triple protection from water. Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=649
522]
BIGKAT_83
Nice!! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Chris H.
Yeah looks great!
76-914
Nice job! thumb3d.gif
A&P Mech
Love it! I may have to follow your lead. Thanks for sharing! beerchug.gif
cali914
QUOTE(ruby914 @ May 5 2018, 10:09 AM) *

Federal 1.125 3 ply silicone.

you need to put something on the inside of those hoses between the pipe and the metal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.