Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '72 914 0n Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Mike Fitton
Looks like a nice car, but says original color is gold but the compliance sticker in the door jamb looks like it has blue paint showing through.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Porsche-914-/...=p2056016.l4276
roblav1
Verbiage says all internal paint, including door jambs, is original. It's clearly not. You can see the second coat around the compliance sticker, fisheyes in the paint, and new paint over lack of feathering on the original paint.
lostreasure
QUOTE(74ravenna @ May 6 2018, 02:34 AM) *

So car was blue?
Mike Fitton
I asked him to post a picture of the paint code plate in the drivers door A pillar. No response!!
era vulgaris
Mystery solved. BTW, that seller is in no way an asshole, and responded totally reasonably with no ranting or name calling whatsoever when I sent him a screenshot of the blue paint car from the VIN registry here wink.gif

Looks like 4722908734 has had quite a life! I couldn't find the ebay listing from 2013 that's noted in the VIN registry here. But in that auction it was in VA and was blue, and sold to motorcyclestone619 in PA who painted it back to its original gold. He had it until Dec 2017, when it presumably went to the most recent seller in CA who put a set of fuchs on it, and sold it in May 2018. Curious where it goes to from here!
era vulgaris
And just for future viewers, here's what the definitely very friendly and not at all rude seller made on this sale! biggrin.gif
Compare that price with what it sold for 6 months ago. All it took was a set of fuchs to bring it into the 20's!
billh1963
The descriptions are of two "different" cars. Just the description of the paint alone is worlds apart.

era vulgaris
QUOTE(billh1963 @ May 10 2018, 07:56 PM) *

The descriptions are of two "different" cars. Just the description of the paint alone is worlds apart.

And yet the VIN's and mileage are identical. I guess that's another thing the seller "forgot" to mention, that the odometer is broken.

BTW Bill, I've been loving the Boxster!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.