Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new hubs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bernbomb914
Started the install of the new hubs and discs. also installed Muellers ft bearings. It should be interesting to tell the differance from the old stiff poly bushings and KTBs that had no give and a very good handling. to the unknown.
bernbomb914
zzz
bernbomb914
zzz
bernbomb914
volvo 740 calipers
SirAndy
schweet! smilie_pokal.gif

love the yellow suspension stuff ...
wink.gif Andy
john rogers
My God Bernie, yellow suspension??!! They look just like mine and I hate to cover those hubs up but I have too. How much overhang do the Volvo pads have at the outer edge of the rotor? I am thinking about the wider Volvo calipers if I have problems with the M calipers and heat but I don't think I will? I didn't in Tecate and that was hot and I really worked the brakes hard.
Aaron Cox
im told i will need to 'chamfer' the overhang on the pads on my volvos
bernbomb914
There is some overhang but if you can find a rebuild kit you can move the hole enough to eliminate the overhang . Aaron it did not bother the old ones but if you champher the pads it would not hurt. I havent been able to find any kits for the volvo calipers.

Bernie

ps slits sold me the new A arms and some other parts so I did not have to destroy the old A arms for the new bearings that I got from Mike. those bushings are so tight they may never come off without damaging the arms
Mark Henry
wub.gif
914werke
The disks are just ATE replacements for the 911 pieces? what yr? If you dont mind how much $ ? Did you decice not to got Studs?
Oh yea did you have any trouble getting the rear dust seals in?
meares
that's beautiful!
john rogers
When I was assembling the bearings and seals I found that the seals kept poping out so I staked then in with a punch around the edge of the opening. I don't know if it was just the grease or the smooth surface of the inner diameter but those seals would not stay in at all.
914werke
Bern? icon_bump.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE (rdauenhauer @ Jun 10 2005, 01:00 PM)
Bern? icon_bump.gif

icon_bump.gif I second this bump. biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE (bernbomb914 @ Jun 8 2005, 04:58 PM)
volvo 740 calipers

8V
16V
Turbo 740?

What year? Hmm, $400 for the hubs, $100 for even solid rotors, $150 for a couple of calipers...... idea.gif

They look like dual piston
Mueller
Oh yea did you have any trouble getting the rear dust seals in?

I can answer this one smile.gif

yep, his dust seals caused him some greif as well.....all new hubs will be cured of this little "mishap" smash.gif

Those rotors "should" be just the normal early 911/914-6 rotors.........(up to '83.....wider Carrera rotors should bolt right up to the hub, however, I have no idea about the calipers due to the 4mm wider rotor)

jimkelly
4 lug. can I use 4 lug hubs with 911 disks and calipers. If so, will 15x5.5 fuchs fit over them ok? I really want to keep a 4 lug look but want the bigger brakes. confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (jimkelly @ Jun 10 2005, 07:21 PM)
4 lug.  can I use 4 lug hubs with 911 disks and calipers.  If so, will 15x5.5 fuchs fit over them ok?  I really want to keep a 4 lug look but want the bigger brakes.  :confused:

that's what those hubs are for ...

read more here ...

wink.gif Andy
jimkelly
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I am getting my first 914 today, so I am not familiar with how they go together. I think though that $400+ for hubs is fair considering you can stilluse your 4lug wheels and tires. Does this set up require 911 struts? and wy use non-porsche calipers versus using porshce 911 calipers in this scenario? blink.gif
jim_hoyland
Do the Volvo calipers have the same hole spacing for attachment ?
Mueller
QUOTE (jimkelly @ Jun 11 2005, 05:19 AM)
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I am getting my first 914 today, so I am not familiar with how they go together. I think though that $400+ for hubs is fair considering you can stilluse your 4lug wheels and tires. Does this set up require 911 struts? and wy use non-porsche calipers versus using porshce 911 calipers in this scenario? blink.gif

Jim K,

the beauty of these hubs is that you keep your stock 914 struts, you can use regular 911 early "M" calipers which bolt right on as well.

Jim H,

The Volvo calipers have a 3" spacing, just like the 914 and early 911 strut.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.