Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tempreture when driving
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cal914
Had my original 6 engine totally rebuilt too a 2.2 with E cams ,when the car is up to temperature the temp gauge looks quite high as in the picture below,I’ve been told by another member that’s how there car runs,when sat in traffic the temp goes up a bit more as in the second pic ,is the car running to hot and what if anything should I do
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Thanks Brian
Elliot Cannon
Find a similar gauge except with graduated lines and numbered temps. printed on the gauge. Then compare it with the position the needle is on your gauge. Or you can get a thermometer used for cooking, stick it into your oil tank after you properly warm up the engine and see what the thermometer says.
Ferg
Buy a cheap IR thermometer and take some readings at the oil line coming and going to cooler ect. That will give you some real numbers to calibrate the gauge with.

I'm betting if your gauge is accurate, you were above 230 in the one pic. For me that is to hot.

Ferg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.