Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pricing Input
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aircooledfool
I'm thinking of parting ways with my '74 LE Bumble Bee roller and was hoping to get some input on pricing. The car is solid with good floors, longs, hell hole, good interior, etc. but was hit at some point in the past and not fixed correctly. I have a front clip for the car and have been given an estimate of $900 to clip the front end. Car has original rocker covers, air dams, an 5 Mahle wheels.

Also, what would be a reasonable price a 2.0L core engine with side shift tranny. Engine has been successfully stared while on a pallet with stock FI but should only be considered as a core.

Thanks for input!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
would probably be good to sell it with as many pieces to put it back together as possible, core engine and transmission included. I would say that if you sold it with all of the pieces, 7500 would be reasonable, 95 not out of the question

QUOTE(Aircooledfool @ May 7 2018, 09:05 AM) *

I'm thinking of parting ways with my '74 LE Bumble Bee roller and was hoping to get some input on pricing. The car is solid with good floors, longs, hell hole, good interior, etc. but was hit at some point in the past and not fixed correctly. I have a front clip for the car and have been given an estimate of $900 to clip the front end. Car has original rocker covers, air dams, an 5 Mahle wheels.

Also, what would be a reasonable price a 2.0L core engine with side shift tranny. Engine has been successfully stared while on a pallet with stock FI but should only be considered as a core.

Thanks for input!

Aircooledfool
Thank you for the input. To clarify, the core engine is not matching numbers for the car. Does that affect your input?
914Sixer
Where in Texas are you? Might be worth a road trip for me. Non matching engine does make a difference.
Aircooledfool
I'm located in Belton.
Cairo94507
Wow! $7,500 to $9,500 for a BB roller which needs a front clip with non-matching engine and transaxle....these prices are definitely climbing. beerchug.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 7 2018, 10:39 AM) *

Wow! $7,500 to $9,500 for a BB roller which needs a front clip with non-matching engine and transaxle....these prices are definitely climbing. beerchug.gif

I'd be willing to bet $ that he'd be lucky to get 1/2 that price on the lower end of that scale.

We'll see once he list it , I hope I'm wrong.

toolguy
$900 to change the front clip doesn't seem accurate. . paint alone would be a lot more that that. .
wrong engine and previous wreck just killed the top dollar real collector value. . . It's basically just a badly repaired previous damage black parts car. .
Money wise, you may be better off to buy a nice 74 2.0 and give it a BB paint job. either way, you end up with the same thing. . a non original car. . any investment price to correctly restore would probably be an upside down move.
Aircooledfool
The $900 price was just the body work for the clip, not painting or course.
Mikey914
Without pictures its hard to say. Matched numbers are a significant portion of the value.
toolguy
QUOTE(Aircooledfool @ May 7 2018, 11:09 AM) *

The $900 price was just the body work for the clip, not painting or course.

At $100 per hour, that's only 9 hours labor. . still seems really light for anything quality
Aircooledfool
Local shop that primarily does frame off Mustangs quoted 20 hours X 45.00 as a "ballpark" estimate. It might turn out being more. TX is more affordable than CA...lol.
thelogo
What do you make of it spock ?
Well jim

Logic tells me the value of this is more accurately calculated in
Worth of parts , forget the car

Is that number going to be 7-9k , doubt it

But its certainly possible

Live long and prosper , friend
mepstein
Sell it to George. Sounds like he’s willing to pay strong money.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
914s are going crazy, but too many buy cars that are not worth what they are paying (notice I will never associate 914 with ANY bad word) and as the limited edition is the only "special" 914 model produced, it is by far the first one to have of all of the sixes. Thanks to Jeff's thorough research, he made the cars much more valuable. Years past I "fixed" a lot of these cars, and resold, not thinking anything about their value, just the fact that they stood out so much with their paint scheme, that I did not want to drive them and call attention to my self via the "cops"
Since the numbers are low, like having even a piece of a porsche 356 speedster, one has a valuable car, to be even more valuable in the future. As Mark said, we have not seen the pictures, so do not know how intensive the labor would be to repair it without cutting too much off.
However as someone else said, just the value of the parts these days is substantial, 2.0 engines that are rebuildable, are now selling for 2500 by themselves/
Aircooledfool
I appreciate all the comments and will create an album of pictures tomorrow. This car needs to be restored and just doesn't fit in my goals of building a Suby conversion to use as a daily driver.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
suby conversion? (ouch!) LOL
QUOTE(Aircooledfool @ May 7 2018, 12:54 PM) *

I appreciate all the comments and will create an album of pictures tomorrow. This car needs to be restored and just doesn't fit in my goals of building a Suby conversion to use as a daily driver.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
by the way, we really need some guys in the restoration department, way too many cars here not enough good qualified help. Please if anyone knows anyone, I would be happy to speak with them. We get a lot of work out here, always have fun, never know who is going to show up at our shop, and turn out a lot of good 914s.
HalfMoon
QUOTE(Aircooledfool @ May 7 2018, 11:55 AM) *

Thank you for the input. To clarify, the core engine is not matching numbers for the car. Does that affect your input?

It sure does!
I had one in far better shape than what you're describing and due to the none match best I was able to get was 900.
True, it needed ALOT of (rust) work and it did not have the Mahles, but b/c the no match it killed the retail price after restoration by such a considerable amount that not many wanted to undertake the resto given the return on the same cost was going to be substantially less.
Mike Bellis
I would let the Mustang guy restore it. That way we can watch the 914 do burnouts and mow over a crowd of people... cheer.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 7 2018, 07:01 PM) *

I would let the Mustang guy restore it. That way we can watch the 914 do burnouts and mow over a crowd of people... cheer.gif

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 7 2018, 10:01 PM) *

?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ May 7 2018, 07:24 PM) *

?

Here you go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U9UCS5WPzc
Mike Bellis
And this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1lgJ7G2KaY
JamesM
Hijack because this seems to be going off the rails anyways....

If we are on the subject of roller LE values, whats mine worth???!!

Been hiding this roller...

Numbers matching engine freshly rebuilt still on the dolly and a couple big boxes of new rubber just waiting on me to have the time to reassemble.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Front clip seems alright here

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Gratuitous shot with the purple car because 914s are awesome!

Click to view attachment
Aircooledfool
Suffice to say...your car is worth a LOT more than mine! Very nice! Is that an original aubergine? Two great cars.
JamesM
QUOTE(Aircooledfool @ May 7 2018, 08:52 PM) *

Suffice to say...your car is worth a LOT more than mine! Very nice! Is that an original aubergine? Two great cars.

The purple car is not original, it was a primered roller when i picked it up. Had it painted to code 341 Lilac (the other Porsche purple) my wifes favorite color so she wouldnt kill me for bringing home another one.

and then i came across the LE...

She is a very tolerant woman.
JeffBowlsby
James....you've been holding out on me... biggrin.gif

Please send me the VIN of your sequestered Bee. I checked, you are not on the LE registry. PM is fine.
JamesM
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ May 7 2018, 09:23 PM) *

James....you've been holding out on me... biggrin.gif

Please send me the VIN of your sequestered Bee. I checked, you are not on the LE registry. PM is fine.

I have been smile.gif was going to wait until I had it a bit more presentable before sending you some pictures. Ill PM you.
whitetwinturbo
...........love that killer eggplant color beer.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(JamesM @ May 7 2018, 09:18 PM) *

If we are on the subject of roller LE values, whats mine worth???!!
Numbers matching engine freshly rebuilt still on the dolly and a couple big boxes of new rubber just waiting on me to have the time to reassemble.

I'd guess at ~$5k-$15K as it sits. $15K-$25K if it were complete and running. You take a big hit when selling something as a project....

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.