Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2L engine tin same as 1.7?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
topnotch
Hi All,

Im trying to get a 2L GA motor togeather, Im just starting with the longblock and fan housing. I have a complete 1.7 that is locked up but what tin can I use on the 2L? I know the top tin is different but can I use the other tins?

Im also trying to get a stock injection system togeather for it so if anybody has one or parts of it or top tin to sell please let me know.

Thanks,

Keith
topnotch@nycap.rr.com
Bleyseng
most of the tin is the same except the top tin cuz of the different spark plug location
jet1
Check the classifieds you should be able to find whatever parts you need for the FI and I know there are a few people selling engine tin.

And welcome to the club. It's always nice to see another east coaster! wavey.gif
Dave_Darling
Depending on the exact 1.7, the bottom-most piece of tin on the left side may also be different. (When they went to the side-shift transmission, they changed that piece to make room for the rear shift rod.)

Some/most/all 72s also had the ducting through the rear upper tin for the warm-air induction setup.

If you can cut and weld, you could patch the holes in the upper tin for the 1.7's spark plugs and cut new ones to fit the 2.0 plugs...

--DD
type47
the piece DD is talking about is an "air guide" that mounts to the very bottom of the case on one side and to the heat exchanger on another side. you can tell if it's a tail shifter if it has a "channel" for the shift rod running the full length of the guide. kinda not a piece of "engine" tin, my thinking is that engine tin consists of those pieces intended for engine cooling but an important piece that should be on the engine none the less. look at pelican and AA sites for parts diagrams. and now for the payback: what pieces of 1.7 FI can i sell you? i have an oil bath air filter, intake air distributor, intake manifolds some FI's, throttle bodies, and a NOS MPS ($$$$$ for that)
topnotch
Thanks for the help and welcome.
yea... the salt took out most of the cars here in the northeast, I have found a couple cheap project cars but I hate to buy a whole car for the FI stuff, especially if the car can still be saved.

Keith
bd1308
depending on how well this 1.7 runs, I might box up my 2.0 tin and give it to you.....looking pretty good now. Just a thought.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.