Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Skipping Feeling
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ross
Hi Everyone,

RE: 1972 914 1.7L

Just wanted to get you all's thoughts on an issue I'm having. Here's my observations:

1. When cruising (not accelerating or decelerating) the car skips and almost feels like it is cutting off. It doesn't matter the speed.
2. It accelerates fine and when decelerating it is fine.
3. I replaced the ignition wires, plugs and coil last weekend. No improvement.
4. I had electronic ignition put in about a year and a half ago. Not sure if that could be the culprit.

Any help/thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Beebo Kanelle
I had the same situation awhile ago and I replaced throttle position sensor board. Problem solved.

https://shop.914rubber.com/Porsche-914-Thro...20-914TPS20.htm
thelogo
QUOTE(Beebo Kanelle @ May 7 2018, 11:50 AM) *

I had the same situation awhile ago and I replaced throttle position sensor board. Problem solved.

https://shop.914rubber.com/Porsche-914-Thro...20-914TPS20.htm

agree.gif

Replaced every last trace of fuel injection related parts with webber
Carbs.

Problems was definitely solved agree.gif
Rand
Don't swap to carbs. Do check the TPS.
TheCabinetmaker
Another for the tps. And, another for keeping the djet.
stevend914
QUOTE(Rand @ May 7 2018, 04:39 PM) *

Don't swap to carbs. Do check the TPS.

agree.gif

I had the same problem. Replaced the TPS and problem solved.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
ross just unplug the switch (under the throttle valve, yes it gets dirty) and see if the problem goes away, what you may notice is a hesitation upon initial acceleration and a pop in the pipe when letting off. If this seems to solve then remove the throttle body, pop the cover off the switch and clean with tuner cleaner (contact oel)
Other than that the ground leads at the back of the block may not be making contact

QUOTE(Ross @ May 7 2018, 11:47 AM) *

Hi Everyone,

RE: 1972 914 1.7L

Just wanted to get you all's thoughts on an issue I'm having. Here's my observations:

1. When cruising (not accelerating or decelerating) the car skips and almost feels like it is cutting off. It doesn't matter the speed.
2. It accelerates fine and when decelerating it is fine.
3. I replaced the ignition wires, plugs and coil last weekend. No improvement.
4. I had electronic ignition put in about a year and a half ago. Not sure if that could be the culprit.

Any help/thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ross
Thanks everyone great information!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.