Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Koni adjustable rear shock questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jgiroux67
I just got these konis in and am wondering how you would drop the threaded collar lower so that I can lower the car. I just put them in on the setting that they are in the picture and it seems higher than it should be.

Also, how do you adjust the rebound/dampening on them?
Mueller
rebound adjustment only, remove spring, press down on the shaft and turn it....(directions on koni.com site)

will the threaded collar not go down any further? they should be touching the little "shelf" a few inches further down....
db9146
I have a pair of new Sport Konis for the rear of mine. The shocks measure 2" or 50MM diameter. If you have the correct sleeve, it should easily slide down the shock and rest against the snap ring or a small square shelf all the way around the shock. With the collar properly installed, most folks use a 10" x 2.5" ID spring.
Mueller
I pulled this info from a thread I started a few months ago:

2.02 looks like the ID diameter of the threaded perches - by 5 inches long. The shock body is about 1.98 These are on KONI SPORTS!

I just pulled a set of reds, actually hydraulics and their shock outer diameter is 2.178

Hope this helps

Which means that those Coleman Racing* threaded perches in the picture are the wrong ID for those shocks if the information above is correct.

*I just bought a set last week and they look identical to the pictured set....

Andrew D. has the Koni Reds with the Coleman Racing coilover kit and he had to bore out the collars to get them to fit......
jgiroux67
Ha, I just pulled the springs off and checked. Mueller your exactly right. The threaded collars have two diameters inside and the smaller of the two is too small for the outside of the shock. So I guess I'll have to bore them out which looks like it will give me another 2 inches.

So as far as rebound, which way do I turn for the stiffest setting? Clockwise or counter clockwise? I looked on Konis site and didnt find anything.
Mueller
Koni Tech pages

see page 6

ADJUSTING DIRECTION
Clockwise = Firmer
Counter Clockwise - Softer
jgiroux67
Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.