Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's a Bumblebee!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billh1963
So, my '74 turns out to be a Bumblebee after all.

The engine is a GA. However, it is not the original. Oh well...can't win everything dry.gif

Engine is GA012406
Body Number 0929527

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif
Andyrew
Thats like finding $10k! Good job!
billh1963
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 7 2018, 05:13 PM) *

Thats like finding $10k! Good job!

Or more smile.gif
JeffBowlsby
SO close on the engine number, looks like only about 400 SN's away from what should be the original. Did the prev owner tell you it had been replaced?
billh1963
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ May 7 2018, 05:54 PM) *

SO close on the engine number, looks like only about 400 SN's away from what should be the original. Did the prev owner tell you it had been replaced?

No. I seriously doubt she knew. Her parents bought her the car 30+ years ago. Back then it probably didn't matter much.
billh1963
Darn...I just realized I missed my cars birthday yesterday! 49 years young. I need to get the car fixed up and running for its 50th birthday!
NARP74
Congrats! So now do you start a search for the original engine? That heritage means you need to be careful of the resto and parts you add right? That 10k will be an investment recouped at sale time.
billh1963
That engine is probably long gone. However, the good news is the original shop where the car was purchased is still in business. I need to check with them and see if they have any 2.0 blocks laying around.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Feb 23 2023, 10:12 AM) *

Darn...I just realized I missed my cars birthday yesterday! 49 years young. I need to get the car fixed up and running for its 50th birthday!

agree.gif get that running and bring it to Okteenerfest in September!!
Beach914
Congrats on the discovery ! Welcome to the Gang.
billh1963
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Feb 23 2023, 11:05 AM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Feb 23 2023, 10:12 AM) *

agree.gif get that running and bring it to Okteenerfest in September!!

BB might be the car for that….I need to refinish the wheels and get new tires. I’d still like to refinish the interior if 914rubber would run a sale on interiors
krazykonrad
piratenanner.gif Congratulations!
Jamie
QUOTE(billh1963 @ May 7 2018, 01:03 PM) *

So, my '74 turns out to be a Bumblebee after all.

The engine is a GA. However, it is not the original. Oh well...can't win everything dry.gif

Engine is GA012406
Body Number 0929527

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Exterior looks to be in great condition, how about the hidden rust prone body areas?
billh1963
QUOTE(Jamie @ Feb 23 2023, 01:27 PM) *

Exterior looks to be in great condition, how about the hidden rust prone body areas?

Longs are excellent (I’ve pulled the plastic rocker panels)

Trunks are excellent

Some hellhole damage (I’ve seen much worse in my other cars). Most of the paint appears to be original. This is a pretty darn solid car!
burton73
Congratulations on this is a rare car. The production numbers are very few on these LE cars making them have serious collector value.

I Personally fine these LE cars the best looking 914s that came down the line. You got a great find

Best Bob B
piratenanner.gif
BENBRO02
Looks nice! I like it without the stripes.
DBF
Welcome to the Bumblebee club. There are a lot of us on the forum - always available for help.
Geezer914
Nice find! Best of luck with the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.