Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914RS IS IN TOWN
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeSharp
24 hours can we give Joe a SoCal dinner?
I think so.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
skline
As much as I would like to, there is another meet down in San Diego tomorrow night, remember? Maybe we could get Joe to come down there with us?
Allan
I thought the San Diego thing was on Friday? I might can make dinner in Santa Monica tomorrow as the wife will be at an awards function at the House of Blues on Sunset.
Aaron Cox
fudge....

friday im free....and then going to SD unsure.gif
is he friday too?
Allan
You aint free on Friday...... You got a tranny AND alternator to help swap. laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
yup. i need some coveralls. someone buy me coveralls LOL
Allan
I'll bring ya a pair.........
skline
Shit, I am old, I got my days screwed up. It is Friday in SD. The only drawback is you cant get to SM from here from like 3 to 7. The freeways dont go that way. Have him come to the OC and we can do something.
JoeSharp
I don't think he can get that far away from the airport.
JoeSharp
I talked to Joe and he can go as far as 1 hour from Santa Momica airport. I'm going to have lunch with him and stay up till there after traffic. I will be out of touch exct through Linda Horne (562) 522-3201. As far as we could go would be Long Beach.
HOOTERS, The Yard House????
ewdysar
I'm all for something this side of the Orange Curtain, though the South bay isn't much better for those of us in the valley's. I should be able to get to the Marina (close to SM) or maybe LB/San Pedro. Somebody call the time (later = better) and location.

There's Bourbon Street Shrimp on Pico near the 405 and 10, but parking is not great. Most of the Marina restaurants have bigger lots... confused24.gif

edit: At the marina maybe Casa Escobar or Edie's diner for us CSOB's

Eric
ewdysar
4 hours later... "sounds of crickets smilie"

Anyone?

Eric_Shea
Gladstones chowtime.gif
ewdysar
OK Eric, when can you be there? wink.gif
Eric_Shea
Let's shoot for 7:00ish

(ish = give or take 3-6 weeks)
ewdysar
Just pack yourself along with any of your work, it seems to get places really fast... biggrin.gif BTW, I would like to discuss my pedal cluster with you, I'll send you a PM.

Eric
ewdysar
back on topic:

I haven't heard anything so I guess I won't meet 914RS this time around. The wife wasn't that thrilled by my potential absense anyway, I'll save this argument for another time... wink.gif

Off to the gym for me...

Eric
Series9
Many thanks to Mr. Sharp. He picked me up around noon and just left about half an hour ago. It was very nice to spend the afternoon tooling around SM in a 914.

Here's to you beer.gif
Allan
Man I was just up in the area but didn't have any info on where you guys were. sad.gif

Maybe next time...
JoeSharp
So today Joe took me by his plane, nice jet. What we saw there was nothing short of amazing.
The oldest unrestored Porsche in the world. A 904. A Spyder. A 356 Speedester Carrera. A Porsche Police car.Four more 356's. And 2 VWs I didn't understand. Joe thought that they may have been the last convert and sedan imported into the USA.
KOOL hanging with Joe today.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.