Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Honda Del Sol
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dead Air
A young woman in a silver DelSol was driving in front of me today and I was thinking about how they look like 914's and how good she looked with the roof off and her Ray Ban's on. Where Delaware Rd. meets the 198 there's an on ramp with a stop sign. It's a PITA 'cause the 198 is a parkway and people are doing 60 mph trying to get home after work.. The Subaru in front of her began to go and our Honda driver, while looking over her left shoulder took off right behind her. Then, for no clear reason, the Subaru stopped! I was watching the whole thing, thinking "she's gonna smash into that Subaru". And sure as shit, she did! Boom, there go the air bags. The Honda submarined under the Outback. Tore up the hood on the Del sol pretty good, but the Sub looked like nothing happed. Everybody was basically ok, but the honda driver looked like she got punched right in the face.
Hawktel
To be sure, the top was off the Del Sol, or the Young Woman?
xsboost90
about a week ago, the first day i got to drive my car since the whole restoration process, after a long drive to work out the bugs i head home. When i pull in the driveway of our apt, there is a big mercedes sitting dead square in the middle of the two car wide driveway, some people getting in from next door, elderly types. rolleyes.gif I figure they are going to pull in back and turn around before they leave, so i pull all the way to the right side of the drive and shut the car down. Just as im pulling the keys out of the ignition i see the reverse lights on. My horn buttom isnt hooked up so im screaming at the top of my lungs STOOOOOPPPPPP!!!!. Bump! she hits right into the ds front bumper. She gets out, im furious! She says why did you park right behind me??? I say you didnt leave anywhere else to go, dont you check your mirrors??

I look and the rubber bumper had popped off of the metal underpanel and was hanging down on the ds. She looks and says well, it looks ok and starts walking away!!!! I wanted to go off but since it was an old lady and my bumper was really ok just popped, i let her know that i JUST finished this car and yadda yadda, but she better leave before i change my mind. It took me a damn hour to get that cover back on, had to pull the whole thing, but at least i didnt have metal bumpers that wouldve got all dented up!
BMartin914
Now if that's not a reason to wub.gif the big beautiful black bumpers. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.