Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: the 914 craze
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
look what just arrived for a full restoration! Could not talk them out of it, their dearly departed parents purchased new, and it is a family keepsake.

As you all know I am the craziest about 914s but in these recent times, I have a lot of competitionClick to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
It looks a lot better in the pictures!

These cars keep arriving here, we need some help with them if anyone is interested
gfg3
That'll buff right out.....
rgalla9146
The estimate will exceed the estate. They'll be disappointed with the work.
The good parts will be gone. It'll be years over schedule.
It won't start the day after delivery. It'll be worth the same as before the work
started.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
you hit that on the money, there is no satisfaction in restoring this car. They paid 500 dollars to transport a car that is really not even good for parts.
We will have to break the news to them gently

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ May 8 2018, 03:30 PM) *

The estimate will exceed the estate. They'll be disappointed with the work.
The good parts will be gone. It'll be years over schedule.
It won't start the day after delivery. It'll be worth the same as before the work
started.

McMark
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 8 2018, 01:30 PM) *
we need some help with them if anyone is interested

Send it over to me. sheeplove.gif
Chris914n6
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 8 2018, 10:28 AM) *

look what just arrived for a full restoration! Could not talk them out of it, their dearly departed parents purchased new, and it is a family keepsake.

As you all know I am the craziest about 914s but in these recent times, I have a lot of competition

I can't believe those words came out of the same mouth that mortgaged the farm to buy a 916.

You are beyond crazy if you don't see the value in that. Maybe watch an episode of "Car SOS" and discover humanity?

I'd much rather work on that than fix another neglected junk daily beater....
GeorgeRud
Ah, the haze of what it could be! It’s one thing if you enjoy and can do the wrenching yourself, but quite another to have to pay someone else to do it. A friend that was a car painter once said that his materials and labor costs were the same for a Ferrari or a Vega, but only makes financial sense for one of them.
worn
Good for you. Make it good for them and show us. I want to believe, but I also called and was asked to forward one of your (carpet) packages to the correct recipient in another state at my cost. Which I did. Good for you, and I hope all of us.
billh1963
QUOTE(worn @ May 8 2018, 08:44 PM) *

Good for you. Make it good for them and show us. I want to believe, but I also called and was asked to forward one of your (carpet) packages to the correct recipient in another state at my cost. Which I did. Good for you, and I hope all of us.

What's the story?
Porschef
popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.