Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Porsche 914 Side Shift Transmission $200
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
MrBMW2002
Selling a Porsche 914 side shift transmission. This unit appears to be in good shape and the stub axles rotate smoothly.

Asking 200 dollars plus shipping from Concord, CA

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=650
052]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
nditiz1
Great candidate for Dr Evils clinic!
Franky_Four_Fingers
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ May 8 2018, 05:33 PM) *

I have a couple of these and have been thinking of selling; Are they really only worth $200?
mepstein
QUOTE(Franky_Four_Fingers @ May 8 2018, 06:38 PM) *

I have a couple of these and have been thinking of selling; Are they really only worth $200?

+/- in core condition.
Boomingbeetle
Maybe more in your location. There is no short supply in SoCal.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Franky_Four_Fingers @ May 8 2018, 05:38 PM) *

Yes, unless you can prove 100% that everything works properly and without grinding of gears. Very hard to do when people can't take a test drive to try it out.
Kraftwerk
Well.. they're not making more of these, seems fair. Tail-shift might be a harder sell but they too have value for some applications.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Kraftwerk @ May 10 2018, 01:26 PM) *

Well.. they're not making more of these, seems fair. Tail-shift might be a harder sell but they too have value for some applications.

Ya, but they are ubiquitous. I have no problem going out and scoring 10 at a time for low price. Location dictates price, as does if buying a lot at once. $200 aint bad, but then shipping adds another $100-120. Tail shifters are almost universally roached on the inside. I have found very limited use for buying them as no one wants them and the parts in them are rather limited that can still be serviceable. Usually pay $50-75 for them now.

Good luck on your sale, I don't think you are being unreasonable, but there are typically a lot of good cores in CA.

If it helps, pull the side cover, take pics of the R/P to show that they are serviceable. this would at least show the main important parts are good to go. Feel free to contact me if you need help. Hell, I may buy it but I don't want to talk you down wink.gif
Carquip
I will take this please.

Give me a call to set up payment and arrange for shipping pickup.

Erik - (303) 443-1343 phone
Mueller
QUOTE(Carquip @ May 10 2018, 03:03 PM) *

I will take this please.

I'm picking it up in the morning.....
MartyYeoman
Score! smilie_pokal.gif
billh1963
LOL...I just gave one away the other day
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 10 2018, 08:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Carquip @ May 10 2018, 03:03 PM) *

I will take this please.

I'm picking it up in the morning.....

LOL, well, what do we know. That was a small feeding friendzy. Good on ya!
Mueller
QUOTE(billh1963 @ May 11 2018, 08:03 AM) *

LOL...I just gave one away the other day

I've given them away in the past as well, didn't think I'd want or need another one.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.